Rosetta Tarot-The Tower XVI

GoldenWolf

The main image is of a stone tower with the top (crown) being struck by two lightning bolts. Between the two bolts is a red eye with the symbol for the sun, a circle with a dot in the center, as its pupil. Around the eye is a a reddish wing as if its a close up of a bird's eye. One of the lightning bolt comes from the tear duct of the eye.

On the ground below, a dragon with a similar looking eye belches out fire which encircles the second tower. This tower appears to be the same as the larger one, just seen from a distance, with its top or crown being blasted off.

In the upper left corner, we see a dove with a branch in its mouth rising out of the smaller tower. This makes me think of Noah's Ark and the flood which is the sort of disaster that the Tower can represent. It is sudden and seems destructive yet it clears the way for rebuilding and regeneration.

Red is dominant color for this card and indicates the influence of Mars here. This card is associated with the Hebrew letter Peh or mouth. Notice the dragon's mouth here with its cleansing fire.

On the right side of the card are rays that look like the corona of the sun or perhaps another crown (like the top of the tower itself).

When I look at this card, I think of "Thine eye be single" and the third eye of the Devil in the card preceding this one.

On a personal note, I stopped posting about this wonderful deck due to a number of Tower-like events in my professional and personal life. I'd even written the notes for this post, but got too hung up in what was going on in my life to type it up. It is not completely peaceful yet, but I hope to get through at least the rest of the Majors in the next month or so.

Babalon Jones

Hi GoldenWolf!

I'm glad you are past the blast, whatever it was! Saw this and thought I'd post a pic of the card for posterity ;-)

Attachments

• The Tower.JPG
    The Tower.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 139

Karrma

Just learning, 1st deck

Hopping in late, not used to forums in general. This is my first Tarot deck, using the Mary Greer workbook on my own.
I first see fire, movement, vision. The two towers, a large center one, with teh top blown off to open it up, open up our defenses. The small tower on the side has red roots of lava pulled up from the earth, the tongue of the destructive red dragon around it, and a beautiful dove-white and red with golden light-olive branch in its beak-rising up, excaping from the tower. Shows that our defenses trap things in that need to birth or escape, as well as not letting things in.
If I go inside the card, I notice there is no people here, nothing our defenses can counter. There is desolation around the tower. Did our defenses make the desolation, no trees, so nothing can come near. There is no water, there is no door in or out of the tower.
This card appears to be too solid of earth, hard parched, needing a big blast of destruction to let free the air, (dove)