Sabian Symbols and Astrology ~ The Inauguration: Barack Obama ~ by Lynda Hill

Elven

Lynda has put together her thoughts and interpretation through the Sabian Symbols and Astrology.
Im amazed at the alignments and the Symbol for this one - very apt and descriptive!

Enjoy!
Elven x

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Anonymous
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is. Zen Aphorism
It is the ultimate wisdom of the mountains that a man is never more a man than when he is striving for what is beyond his grasp. James Ramsey Ullman

As Barack Obama is preparing to become the 44th President of the United States, there is a huge gathering of energies in Aquarius, with 4 planets, the Sun, Mercury, Jupiter and Neptune, and the Moon's north node and Chiron in that sign. This is a big line up of Aquarian energy and is reminiscent of the flavor of the '60's when there was hope in the air along with winds of change in every direction. Obama being the 44th president feels quite apt as 4 + 4 = 8 which is a power and money number, built on the foundation and organization of the two 4's. Becoming President of the U.S. has got to be somewhat like climbing a mountain. Interestingly, on every Inauguration Day (Jan 20), the MC (the point ruling status and career) is at Capricorn 27: A Mountain Pilgrimage.

The chart for the Inauguration has the Sun along with Mercury on Aquarius 1: An Old Adobe Mission in California (the Sun is always on this degree on Inauguration days). The 'old adobe missions' were built out of the hard work of many in order to house and protect people in a sharing and caring community. There’s the romantic colonial notion of altruistic Spanish missionaries and soldiers laboring to bring religion and European culture to the backward native peoples, and then there’s this version: white intruders subjugating and persecuting the Indians, indoctrinating them with religion, killing them off with strange new diseases and obliterating their culture. There can be dogmatism and the 'do it my way or the highway' mentality, all tinged with the overshadowing of Faith in God.
My Keywords and Cautions for this degree from my book 360 Degrees of Wisdom: Charting Your Destiny With the Sabian Oracle:

Keywords: Spiritual retreats in natural surroundings. Finding new areas to work with spirit. Creating civilization out of natural elements. Hard work to create places of sanctuary and learning. Places once revered now tourist attractions. Forging links to new worlds. Missions and missionaries. Bringing faith to the "new world". Brotherhoods.

The Caution: Dogmatism. Pushing beliefs and ideas on others. Believing one's spiritual and religious beliefs contain all the answers. Taking over others' lives. Moving in and taking control. Monuments to the past sagging and fading. People moving in on others. Cults. Indoctrination.

(Theres some interesting word associations there with the office of the president and The White House.) Obama's Jupiter is on Aquarius 1, meaning the Sun and Mercury on the day are on his Jupiter in Aquarius = hope.

The 'karmic condition' of the Old Adobe Mission is Capricorn 30: Men Responsible for World Affairs Meet in Secret Conference'.
As we know, a lot is expected of Obama; he's inherited a huge mess on every level and it's going to take a lot of work and clever management. Obama has enormous grace, energy, commitment, charisma and intelligence. A package as good as he appears to be would rarely be found. His charisma, along with the onus placed on him are described by Jupiter at Aquarius 4: A Hindu Healer Glows With a Mystic Healing Power. Many have observed in varying ways that they feel this about Obama - he's come to heal what's wrong and to lead the United States into a whole new era.

The weight on Obama's back is shown in the placement of Mars in the 9th house (ethics, religion, philosophy, foreign countries, education, etc) on Capricorn 19: A Young Child Carrying a Heavy Load of Groceries. This reflects the narrow view that Obama is too 'inexperienced, young', or whatever, and is being saddled with more than he can handle. I have no doubt that Obama can handle the load, after all he has many people sharing that load and advising and directing and making the big decisions.
Venus is on an interesting degree: Pisces 18: In a Huge Tent a Famous Revivalist Conducts His Meeting With a Spectacular Performance. This speaks of Obama; this degree had Uranus on it for some months during the presidential campaign. Obama showed us what a man very comfortable in his being can do to large crowds - inspire and provide hope and a sense of future.

Uranus is on Pisces 20: A Table Set for an Evening Meal. Obviously, meals will be had all over Washington DC and around the country on the Inauguration and in the days around it. For most people, though, it asks the question of how people are going to be able to 'put food on their family' (thanks to GWB for that erudite quote).

Soon after the Inauguration, Venus passes over Uranus, livening things up, and then opposes Saturn. This is a perfect representation of the new guard versus the old guard. Saturn is on Virgo 22: A Royal Coat of Arms Enriched With Precious Stones. Apart from the media focus on where Obama is from and his heritage, this represents the old guard, the Bilderbergs and the Rothchilds and the rich, rich, rich families and corporations that run the show in the background. The expression 'let them eat cake' comes to mind.
The Moon is void of course, and there could be some tricky stuff happening as the Moon is on Scorpio 30: A Halloween Jester. This could stir up some seriously weird stuff on the day, and, I imagine, many thoughts will erupt around the issue of Obama being safe. I don't want to entertain something bad might happen to him. Too many hopes are riding on this poor mortal man's back.

Something that concerns me is the unaspected Pluto. It sits alone in the 8th house (money, finances, ability to pay debts, mortgages, taxes, insurance, banks, etc) on Capricorn 2: Three Stained Glass Windows in a Cathedral, One is Damaged by Bombardment. This degree speaks directly about the loss of hope, the inability to feel safe and secure in what should be a safe, sacred, trustworthy environment (a cathedral). It's interesting to note that this is the degree of Mars in the 9/11 attacks (the "cathedral" there being the WTC). The rebuilding of hope and faith is essential. Mars in this chart is exactly conjunct Lilith (the suppressed and subjugated feminine), both are on this 'sanctuary under attack' degree. Being unaspected, this energy is not tied to the rest of the chart. It will be interesting to see what happens as a result. Pluto rules the Plutocracy - the big guys.

Another thing that concerns me is the Moon's north node degree. This is a 'karmic point' and it's on Aquarius 10: A Man Who Had Become the Embodiment of an Ideal is Made to Realise That as a Person He is Not That Ideal. This speaks of a revisioning of attitudes, falls from grace, adjustments of expectation and projections of personality. I am concerned to hear the war drums against Iran still beating. I'm concerned that Hilary Clinton and Obama are talking up the Iran nuclear story while Palestianians and Gaza are blown to smithereens. Will Obama and his administration fall from grace?
I believe that a change of regime does not guarantee that all will be goodness and light. After all, it's surely that the same big guys are pulling the strings, regardless of who is at the helm. Of course, there will be endless chatter in the media that Obama 'can't fix everything all at once'. It will be endless, relentless; it's happening already. Chatter, chatter, chatter.
[An addendum: With the node being on this "disillusionment" point for weeks and weeks; what I'm hearing again and again is relationships breaking up - many are disillusioned.]

Check out Lynda's blog at www.sabiansymbols.typepad.com and Sabian Symbol Oracle at www.sabiansymbols.com

:)

faunabay

That is very interesting. Thank you for posting it.

I have been since before he was elected but I'm already planning on focusing the light of protection around him even more in the coming days. The more people who do this the better! I know some people don't believe in this but even if you don't - What can it hurt to try? It doesn't take anything away from you and what if it does work? (shrug)

MCsea

faunabay said:

I have been since before he was elected but I'm already planning on focusing the light of protection around him even more in the coming days. The more people who do this the better! I know some people don't believe in this but even if you don't - What can it hurt to try? It doesn't take anything away from you and what if it does work? (shrug)

Im with you
I think he would have to be the most targeted person in the world - him and his family are to be kept safe..

MARINA

cyberseeker

Protect...protect... protect

faunabay said:

I believe wholeheartedly That Obama needs our light & protection, as the Pupetmasters would not want his mission to suceed and will do anything to stop it