Sage Incence sticks?

sagewriter

I really can't get the hang of sage smudge sticks, and have heard that you can buy sage incence sticks instead. Does anyone know of a good website that does these please?

Thanks for the help :)

Little Eagle

The new age Sage incense sticks are a pain to get burning. You would be much better buying Lakota White sage which is loose, has a great smell and is very easy to burn.

WhiteRaven

Little Eagle said:
The new age Sage incense sticks are a pain to get burning. You would be much better buying Lakota White sage which is loose, has a great smell and is very easy to burn.

SageWriter......Little Eagle is right.......White Sage burns much nicer and OMG does it smell NICE!!!!! It is my favorite next to SweetGrass....

Smudge "sticks"...that are bundled don't burn well IMO...but the loose leaves of the White Sage burn quite good.....I'm sure you'll like it.

13thFaeChylde

lol, I thought it was just me being a dunce with my smudge-stick. Should I unbundle it and then burn it in pieces?

WhiteRaven

13thFaeChylde said:
lol, I thought it was just me being a dunce with my smudge-stick. Should I unbundle it and then burn it in pieces?

you can try that....it will work better...but not as well as the loose leaves...

I have the same problem with the SweetGrass that is braided...I have to loosen it up and then burn it...but it still doesn't burn very well...but oh when it does take...that too smells wonderful!

sagewriter

ah thank you :) whereabouts would i be able to get these leaves?

WhiteRaven

sagewriter said:
ah thank you :) whereabouts would i be able to get these leaves?

Here's a place that was referred to Huredriel for Mugwort...Sulis posted this url....I went and found White Sage....the link is directed to that...

WHITE SAGE SACRED HERB 30GM

Hope this helps!

Ankou

Hey there, the trick with the smudge is to unwrap the top and really set it on fire (,over a metal sink :) ) The flame goes out pretty quick but it will smoke for a good long time. I was hesitant about wasting the smudge by lighting it too liberally, but thats the best way to get it working. Or you can buy the loose leaves as you were :D

It's morning la la laaaaa....

Ankou