Sakki Sakki DEVIL!!!!!!!! }: )

prudence

I saw no one had started a thread on this, one of my favorite cards from the deck, so , I thought I'd go ahead and do it!

This is my favorite devil image from any deck, the ecstatic movement in this card really draws me in, and makes me smile. I love all of the little devils, in silouette, dancing around the card's edges. I also love the colors in this image, the pinks especially (even though I am not a big fan of pink!)...

I'd love to hear from other Sakki-ists, about your experiences with this card. C'mon, this devil is irrisistable...

Tesseljoan

I've disappeared of the forum for a while, only to return and to see that there's a new thread for the Sakki-sakki study group. Excellent!

My experience with the Devil in this deck is a bit limited so far, and I'm having a hard time today relating to th image. He doesn't want to talk to me, it seems ;)
I do love the picture as well... It reminds me of wild, mindless, dancing which makes you forget everything and makes your feet bleed. I like the small devils as well, to me they represent the everyday little devils of everyday life, but that, at this point, you have found the big Devil that needs to be Dealt With.

Can anyone get their mind around the shoes (top corners)?

That's all I can gather from the card itself for now. I hope there still are some people that want to study the Sakki-sakki together...?

prudence

hi tesseljoan,
in reply to your question about studying the Sakki together, my answer is yes! I'd really enjoy that!

Chronata

I'm with you, Astrid O!

This has to be my very fav devil card too. In any deck.

It is the card that made me realize that I just had to buy this deck.

I love him! He is like a cyclopean, rubbery dancing fool.To me it looks like he just got on the dance floor in Saturday Night Fever, and I like to think he is wearing blue suede shoes.

And those cool shoes in the upper corners. Always reminds me of the Wizard of Oz for some reason. (though they are not ruby slippers...they do look silver) Shoes a proper witch might wear.

Taking that meaning, I once told a client that it looked as if she were caught in a twister, and someone was just about to drop a house on her! But of course...the devil was laughing. It looked like she had lost total control of everything....but it was because she had given her power...and her control away.

Dancing with the Devil.
Anytime you do that, you have to take responsibility for all the ill-timed bad luck crap that falls into your life...because no one but you made the decisions to bring it into your life.

Tesseljoan

Funny how we all associate this card with dancing or ecstatic movement. I keep thinking of it of this ecstatic dancing, that makes you so tired that you just want to stop, but you can't... I mean, dancing is nice, but too much ....

The thing is, when the dancing hurts, we do have the power to stop it. We can just stop and sit down, but like with many things, we don't think we can, so we just continue to do these things that might hurt us. It might not be easy to tell that Devil 'you know, I think I'll just stop for a while' but it's not impossible, as long as you are willing to take the consequences. But it might be worth it in the long run.

And thanks to Chronata, I keep hearing 'Staying alive' from the Bee Gees when I look at this card ;)