Same cards coming up in different readings!

dawntarot

Hello all,
I offered five readings recently over yonder and did them. I noticed that three cards in particular were repeated in two or more of the readings (The Stars, The Hanged Man, the Ace of Swords). Whenever I put cards back in my deck, I put them in individually into different places (so if I had three, I'd put one near the top, one in the middle, one near the bottom) and then shuffle them well. I do this to stop them getting "stuck together" and repeatedly coming out.

So I was wondering - does it mean something significant if, despite this, the same cards reappear over a few readings?

Thanks,
Pens

Grizabella

I've tried both ways---putting the cards back in random places and putting the whole spread of cards on the bottom of the deck before shuffling. Surprisingly, putting the spread of cards on the bottom of the deck and then shuffling is less likely to give you repeating cards. I shuffle several times, then cut and draw and if I get some that repeat often then I know they're probably trying to tell me something.

dawntarot

I've tried both ways---putting the cards back in random places and putting the whole spread of cards on the bottom of the deck before shuffling. Surprisingly, putting the spread of cards on the bottom of the deck and then shuffling is less likely to give you repeating cards. I shuffle several times, then cut and draw and if I get some that repeat often then I know they're probably trying to tell me something.

Hmm, that's interesting. I usually don't cut before I draw, I just pull from the top. I have this idea that the cards work their way to the top as I'm shuffling. Maybe this isn't the best method? :/

Trogon

Hmm, that's interesting. I usually don't cut before I draw, I just pull from the top. I have this idea that the cards work their way to the top as I'm shuffling. Maybe this isn't the best method? :/
Well, fortunately, nobody is going to smack you across the back of the hand with a ruler if you don't "do it right". If you don't figure you need to cut the deck after you shuffle then don't. I generally do simply because I always have. If I'm doing a reading for someone, I give them the opportunity to cut, then lay the cards out from the top of the deck.