Same dream over and over

Blessed_Rose

Last night I had the same dream. Over and over. At least 5 or 6 times it repeated.

I was in an ocean view home and there was a storm approaching. I was preparing for the storm with other people and we were calm about the whole thing. No one was rushing around or in a panic. Even the storm itself was somewhat "calming"...if that's possible. During the storm we all took shelter/hid behind a large table. The walls crumbled and the windows shattered. No one had any injuries. Afterward it was calm and peaceful, but no sunshine...just deep blue/gray sky. And we would have a conversation about the whole thing and agree to do it again just to see what we could change to see if we could limit the damage to the house. We couldn't. The walls crumbled and the windows shattered. It was still a mess...but we kept trying to see if we could change the outcome.

I'm confused with it all...any help trying to figure it out would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Milfoil

If this were my dream it would suggest that there is an issue or concern which has changed by breaking down but now that it has, you are wondering if the collateral damage could have been avoided.

The context of the dream, an ocean view home, suggests being in a liminal place between the grounded mundane and the unconscious. Perhaps there have been deep emotional concerns or even spiritual ones which no amount of preparation has preserved. However, now that the damage is done, it doesn't seem so bad, just different and a lot of effort will be require to rebuild whatever was demolished. A house often indicates how we see ourselves and if that is destroyed, it suggests that some part of how the world sees us has been damaged. It could be a literal disfigurment, but most often, especially given the water aspect here, it would suggest a breaking down of pretenses and facades. Perhaps people are seeing the real you which can be scary at first but there is no way to avoid it.

It could also represent an argument or intense situation which had to come about but which now leaves you feeling vulnerable yet after the storm has passed, it's not half as bad as expected, just different and with a need for protection.

However, the dream strongly suggests that what has been done cannot be undone, only learned from and anything from here on it is a new construction or new beginning.

I hope this helps.

ashtoreth

Last night I had the same dream. Over and over. At least 5 or 6 times it repeated.

I was in an ocean view home and there was a storm approaching. I was preparing for the storm with other people and we were calm about the whole thing. No one was rushing around or in a panic. Even the storm itself was somewhat "calming"...if that's possible. During the storm we all took shelter/hid behind a large table. The walls crumbled and the windows shattered. No one had any injuries. Afterward it was calm and peaceful, but no sunshine...just deep blue/gray sky. And we would have a conversation about the whole thing and agree to do it again just to see what we could change to see if we could limit the damage to the house. We couldn't. The walls crumbled and the windows shattered. It was still a mess...but we kept trying to see if we could change the outcome.

I'm confused with it all...any help trying to figure it out would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

It seems to me that this dream is telling you about an impending life situation. The storm and entire walls and homes coming toppling down says it is a major life situation. There is a high likelihood that the situation in question has already passed (like Milfoil said), but it could also be impending. The constant reassessment of your situation suggests that no matter how you play it out, the damage is inevitable. The calmness speaks of acceptance of the damage the change brings with it. Its' like your subconscious is trying to say "It was bad, but I'd do it again."

It's a home.. and there are a lot of people helping out. This means you had (or will have) a good and solid support system, and everyone is working together, taking a solid, practical approach to the whole thing, ensuring that no lives or important things are lost. The mess is a necessary side-effect. Can you relate?

Blessed_Rose

That makes sense. DH is deployed and it has taken a huge toll on my mental state. I'm trying to stay positive, but there are days that make me want to crawl under a rock and not come out until he's home.
There is so much I have on my plate that I'm responsible for and I'm counting the days until I can pass it on to someone else. Which I am preparing for...building people up for their job so they can take over officially in the next few weeks. One of my scouts was dx with a brain tumor so they've stepped into an inactive role from everything while they get him the help he needs...my new parents in scouts are so helpful and supportive and have stepped up to help a lot. However, I'm still the only "leader" until elections are held and make it official.
Then I'm trying to redesign a website and was just contacted late last week after trying to get ahold of the person for a month to help me override the system so I can add additional pages...but again, I have a lot of support on my end. I am waiting for the redesign of the website and work out the kinks before handing in my resignation. I'm no longer feeling fulflilled with this volunteer position and every month I'm anxious because it is so disorganized from the leadership level. I just don't want to do it anymore.
I have also been much more open in my spiritual path and not caring about what or how others see me and just let go and let God.
I have put school on hold and my classes start up in a week and that too is making me anxious. But on good notes, my kids homeschooling is going better than last year and we're doing more activities and outings this year. I just feel like time is my enemy and all I really want is a break from the chaotic life...but that won't happen anytime soon. DH comes home next spring/summer.
I'll meditate about it...I have't had much time to meditate. My younger kids end up sleeping with me and my days are filled with school, activities for the kids, meetings, etc that by the end of the day I barely have time for a shower. Thanks, I appreciate it!

ashtoreth

That makes sense. DH is deployed and it has taken a huge toll on my mental state. I'm trying to stay positive, but there are days that make me want to crawl under a rock and not come out until he's home.
There is so much I have on my plate that I'm responsible for and I'm counting the days until I can pass it on to someone else. Which I am preparing for...building people up for their job so they can take over officially in the next few weeks. One of my scouts was dx with a brain tumor so they've stepped into an inactive role from everything while they get him the help he needs...my new parents in scouts are so helpful and supportive and have stepped up to help a lot. However, I'm still the only "leader" until elections are held and make it official.
Then I'm trying to redesign a website and was just contacted late last week after trying to get ahold of the person for a month to help me override the system so I can add additional pages...but again, I have a lot of support on my end. I am waiting for the redesign of the website and work out the kinks before handing in my resignation. I'm no longer feeling fulflilled with this volunteer position and every month I'm anxious because it is so disorganized from the leadership level. I just don't want to do it anymore.
I have also been much more open in my spiritual path and not caring about what or how others see me and just let go and let God.
I have put school on hold and my classes start up in a week and that too is making me anxious. But on good notes, my kids homeschooling is going better than last year and we're doing more activities and outings this year. I just feel like time is my enemy and all I really want is a break from the chaotic life...but that won't happen anytime soon. DH comes home next spring/summer.
I'll meditate about it...I have't had much time to meditate. My younger kids end up sleeping with me and my days are filled with school, activities for the kids, meetings, etc that by the end of the day I barely have time for a shower. Thanks, I appreciate it!

Thank you Blessed_Rose! I'm glad you found this useful. I think overall it does convey your state. You being literally bombarded with responsibilities and worries, but it all seems completely in the natural order of things, your acceptance of them, and your ability to keep yourself whole throughout all of it. In retrospect, the gray skies indicate a lack of clarity, and if you want a brighter, less murky ending to this dream next time I'd suggest meditating more *further to your own desire and inability to do it*. It will help you get better focus, clarity, and ability ot multitask with fewer worries and useless drain of energy. I think it wil help your dream stop recurring, or at the very least, change the ending for you.

Love
Ashtoreth