Scales of Themis Spread

tabi

I was reading this morning the Llewellyn's Magical Almanac and came across an essay by Gail Wood: Wild Justice: The Bounty of Themis I would offer a link but there isn't one to be found, so if you have the almanac or can borrow it I suggest reading it. After reading it I realized that it would make a great general tarot spread with suggestions of what we need to focus on or let go of. This is what I come up with:

Find the Justice card from your deck (pay attention to how Justice is depicted cuz this has influence over the reading, I just found out. :sighs: )

.............JUSTICE/1.............
...........2/.............\3..........
...........8................9..........​

Justice; as I said before is important to get an overall impression of the reading. I used the Gilded for a test run, which while unusual Justice points to the rest of the reading beautifully...if not painfully at times too.

1) Blindfold: (This is turned sidewise like in the tradition Celtic Cross 1/2 position.) What you're not seeing. What you're blinded too.

2) Sword: (cocked to the side) The things that need to be cut away entirely.

3) Cornicopia: (cocked to the other side) The things that give you joy/happiness.

4, 5, and 8) The Left Scale Bowl: The bad things that you've done and/or need to let go of to move forward.

6,7, and 9) The Right Scale Bowl: The good things that you have done and/or need to remember to get you through life.

It's easier to read the Sword with the Left Scale Bowl before moving onto the right side.

It is suppose to resemble the scales of Justice herself so feel free to change it a bit to get it to fit your personal image of it. May also want to change sword hands too. ;)

I did this for myself, it speaks the truth and the only problem I had was with the Scale Bowls, mostly cuz of no set positions for them however the reading did make sense and yes it was painful but gave me the lesson I need to learn to move forward.

Judy Z

Thank you for this spread. I just did a reading for myself and found it very informative.

Sincerely,
Judy Z