Searched and searched to no avail....

LixiPixi

Hi all,

I've been through the spread index looking for something that may help shed some light/hope on my dilemma. I need a spread that goes something like "How the heck do we get out of this disasterous mess we're in?" The mess is so bad that I can't even think clearly enough to try and create my own :(

Here's the catch - for the first time since I've started pursuing my interest in tarot, I was shuffling my deck just for the fun of it and out popped 8 cards. I haven't even turned them over to see what they are yet because I just know they're going to be significant for me. I would just like to really lay these cards out with some intent of placement behind them rather than just laying them all out and not knowing what card represents what area...know what I mean?

Anyone have an 8-card spread that'll help guide us on "how to get out of this mess we're in?" I'd really be grateful :)

LP~

Sulis

Hi LP

Don't really know any 8 card spreads but:

You could do a simple 3 card reading:

1.. The situation you find yourself in
2. Your challenge / what's stopping you from moving on
3. What you can do about it.

Add up the numerical value of the cards and reduce it to less than 21 - this gives you the quintessential card - the Major Arcana card that gives you a general overview of the spread.

Or if you want a few more cards...

1. Past
2. Present
3. Your challenge / Obstacle / What's blocking you
4. What's hidden
5. What's obvious
6. Advice - what you can do
7. Probable outcome

Once again you can use the quintessential card if you like - I find this really useful...

Hope that helps.

squeakmo9

Hi LixiPixi,
Sometimes I would have a series of questions regarding a particular subject. So many questions that I, also, did not have a spread to suit the query. So one day, I just grabbed my Thoth, shuffled and before I picked a card, I asked a single question. When I saw the card and understood its meaning, I followed it up with another question and picked yet another card, at random, without needing to shuffle. The first time, I must have picked a good 12 cards. Soon, this became a dialogue of sorts between the deck and I.
Later when I told a friend of what I had done, he, in turn, added structure. In fact, it was my friend who pulled 8 cards in his dialogue and decided to structure it in two rows of 4. A top and bottom row.
This was enough structure for me.
At times I could also see how the top row could be significant of the higher mind, the intellect, even the past while the lower as feelings, intuition, and present/future tendencies. After a while, I understood where the "conversation" was going. I have done it a few times and also have pulled as little as 6. It has proven very insightful and even calming.
Hope this helps:)
Squeakmo9

The Hanged Man

Hi LixiPixi,

I have an idea for you! As soon as I read the first paragraph, I thought about this spread - and then I discovered that you needed eight postions and this is an eight card reading! How synchronistic! This spread is of my own invention, and I call it the This is What I am Spread - it will help you know how to get out of the mess you are in by letting you know ultimately where you stand in the midst of the situation, and therefore how you can proceed The cards go as follows:

1. The head - place of mind - this is what I'm thinking.
2. The heart - place of emotion - this is what I'm feeling.
3. The belly - place of hunger - this is what I'm needing.
4. The groin - place of desire - this is what I'm wanting.

5. The right hand - place of giving - this is what I'm creating.
6. The left hand - place of taking - this is what I'm obtaining.
7. The left foot - place of fate - this is where I am coming from.
8. The right foot - place of destiny - this is where I am going to.

The position are laid out in eight general areas based upon the human body, for the head, heart, belly, groin, the hands and the feet, like so:

Enjoy! I hope it brings you some insight and clarification. :)

xXx

jmd

What about something like the following?

see attachment.

Attachments

• 8-card.jpg
    8-card.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 102

LixiPixi

Thank you all so much, you're fantastic! I'm going to give them a try tomorrow afternoon when my mind is a little more rested.

I really appreciate it - all of these sound like they will fit perfectly to my posed situation :D

LP~

AJ

Thank you hanged man, I enjoyed doing your lay out. I had to move things around a bit,
I think your numbers don't match your written guide? But it was very interesting to do.

Tuwikaa

8 card spread

Hi, I have an eight card spread that comes from the LWB , Tarot of Mermaids.
It might fit your situation.

1) The current situation
2) Abilities and strongpoints
3) The question being examined, which could get out of your control.
4) Weaknesses
5) The influences of others / aftermath of old problems
6) How the situation could develop negatively without the necessary actions.
7) What "boats" to rock, What can be done....what must not be done.
8) Summary, this card sums up the meanings of the other cards, what is obvious, what is hidden.
1,2,3 are the head of the mermaid. 4,5,6,7 are the body and 8 is the tail. When laid out it looks more like a mermaid if you use your imagination.

.......................................1..............................................................
.....................................2...3...........................................................

.......................................4 5 6 7