Sexy dream

goddessof1967

Sorry, I'm bombarding you with dreams, now that I'm dreaming again.

This sounds like a classic night out, get pi**ed and 'pick up' but weird that I dreamt it and I wonder the meaning.

I dreamt that I met a man in a cafe/bar/music venue place an a night out in the town I used to live in. The unusual thing was that he was at least 12 yrs older than me (making him 50ish), but it wasn't a predatory or sleazy thing at all. He was quite dishy actually - tall, slim, dark shoulder length messy hair, a bit of growth from so many hours of being out without a shave. We went home to my place which I shared with some other people and they were obviously home having a few drinks on the balcony on a balmy summer's night (though he was wearing a black high neck jumper/skivvy). We spent a fantastic night together, chatting, laughing and doing the do (and I recall that I wasn't bothered about my body at all though its far from perfect and usually I am), then had brunch at a lovely cafe the next morning. He ran into a pregnant friend of his who was out shopping so he decided to go with her. We said goodbye and parted ways. I remember feeling quite happy that we weren't going catch up again. More like a contentment and very happy that we had met and had one noght together. It was just a fleeting night that was great and that was it. I didn't feel bad about myself, or needy of him to call or anything.

I tend to think that this means more than what it was but I'm not sure what. Any ideas?

memries

Me again ! You are going to get so tired of me answering your posts but just take or leave it, that's ok.
It is my thought that you met your animus (the male part of you) in your dream. As a person when you reach "individuation" (as described by
C. Jung) then all the different facets of your personality come together and you are a more balanced and whole person.
When we are fluffy females and suppress the male side we become needy, etc. When we are able to incorporate both sides of us ..female/male, we become very powerful and whole.
This does not mean you become masculine it just makes you a strong female and being whole is the key to living well. That way you share with someone from a position of strength.
The remark that you shared brunch in the morning with him to me means that this was indeed your male counterpart and you were peaceably sharing sustenance with him.
Also that you were not bothered about your body when with him. It sounds like a totally dishy evening and morning to me LOL.
He went off with a pregnant friend and you were not possessive or jealous would to me say the incorporation to make you whole is done and that some day in the future you will be the pregnant friend but he will still be with you anyway. (In this paragraph I am stretching a bit far from my comfort zone but it just came to me anyway. Do not take it as fortunetelling as that is not my intention. As has been mentioned on other posts, it could be some amazing project, but in any case it portends a great future for you).
It also means that in the future that male strength will be there for you when you need it.

I guess that's about it. At some point you may not be able to access this site. In your dreams you will meet a woman you are desperately fighting with. This would be your shadow side and again it is to be incorporated.
Don't know why I am typing this but anyway that is how it goes on.

Be happy to just "be" and approve of yourself. That way no one can get to you at all with either praise or condemnation.
My love over the miles...memries

Crowqueen

I did write a longer and more direct post, but someone in Spirit didn't want me to post it as it made light, I suppose, of a serious issue, and it betrayed a few astral confidences which are best left to the confines of my own diary.

You may have been astrally projecting with this man - particularly as it sounds as if the dream was incredibly realistic and logical. Don't be alarmed when I say this, but as long as you were both happy with the experience, Denise Linn (a very good dreamworker who has written some lovely books on the subject and who spent time in a Zen monastery) suggests that a liaison like this is healthy even if you may have felt you were betraying another person (you mentioned a partner in one of your other posts). It may be "safe" in one way - and I am not one to condone dream adultery - but take care that you don't let yourself project forcefully into another's dreams or let them take advantage of you. Although looking for metaphors is one thing, and probably the first route to take with dreams, the second option or belief - that as spirits we leave our bodies while dreaming and can have as full a life as we can inside our bodies - is a possibility when a dream is as logical as this one is.

My boyfriend - not normally a workaholic - somehow manages to project himself into normal, random days at work while asleep, though since he is essentially a sceptic when it comes to such experiences he doesn't think it anything more than churning events over in his mind. Having listened to how he describes the dreams, however, he is not actually just repeating the day's events but living through entirely new ones as he sleeps. He may be shocked to learn that his spirit is doing work for the Astral Plane social services while the Birmingham City Council social services clerk is asleep in Wolverhampton! So just be careful and if you find yourself in the same situation again, don't get carried away or let yourself be carried away.

goddessof1967

Hi Memries,

I really like your interp. and I do think it is quite relevant as I can feel that sort of stuff gaining momentum on my waking life, too. Thankyou for that and also for the extra messages. I'll come back and read them as time goes on.

Hi Crowqueen,

My partner that you read about is my ex partner so I didn't feel guilty, even though I know you can, when you've only just broken up with someone. It has been just over 2 months we've been apart. I think this is the part that shaped your interp. - that I was in a r'ship.

I also tend to think it wasn't astro-travelling. I've done that before in dreams and it felt quite different. Neither was the dream realistic or vivid, those dreams I've also had and it wasn't one of those. Thankyou so much for your reply though, I really do appreciate the time and thoughts.

Goddess xx

goddessof1967

memries said:
some day in the future you will be the pregnant friend but he will still be with you anyway. (...in any case it portends a great future for you....).
My love over the miles...memries
I wish Memries was still here to read that this was the case. I now have a beautiful baby boy and am finally living the great future. I had completely forgotten about this thread and just stumbled on it while reviewing my past threads.

Love to you through the heavens, Memries xx

Rovay

Well, if I may... I think that the dream signifies part of you that would rather give up partying and one-night stands and have a more settle life, with maybe children and such. I don't know you, of course, but at least in my opinion, that is what the dream may mean. Some desire to settle down.

goddessof1967

Interesting response Rovay b/c this thread and dream is 5 yrs old and what you say is exactly where I am now, 5yrs down the track!

Rovay

^ Hehe, we are all augurs here :p And I saw this topic being one of the top when I looked at the forum, so :p