"Should I Leave the Relationship?" breakup/divorce spread

HiddenLight

I know this is a depressing topic, but I couldn't find any "break up" or "divorce" spreads. Every relationship spread I found was about finding love, new relationships, or the future of a relationship, so I created my own spread to help the querent decide if ending the relationship would be the best course of action. The one reading I did with it seemed to be pretty insightful, though the spread may need some tweaking.

---------1-----------2----
----------3---------4-----
---------------------------
-------5---6-----8---9----
---------7---------10-----

1. What I want out of the relationship
2. What he/she want's out of the relationship

3. What I want out of life
4. What /she wants out of life

5. pros of staying in the relationship
6. cons of staying in the relationship
7. outcome if I stay

8. pros of leaving the relationship
9. cons of leaving the relationship
10. outcome if I leave

GryffinSong

Looks like a good spread to me. And speaking as someone who's been through it, although it might at first seem a depressing subject, its often quite freeing in the long run. There's not much that's lonelier than staying in a loveless marriage.

When I was still in my decision process, I actually sat down with a journal and asked myself the pro/con questions and wrote down everything that came to mind. It was very helpful, as I'm sure a reading on those things would be.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Eddie

Good spread!

I have done many relationship spreads, some my own, some not. What I have found to be invaluable as a position providing important extra info, is an outside influence placing. I would put it, one for each person.

2, 4,6.......

So you would end up with 12 card spread instead of a 10

Just a helpful thought.

Eddie

Ontheverge1027

All I can say is THANK YOU so much! I have been looking (for weeks, actually) for a spread specifically for this type of situation as I am currently in the do I stay or do I go phase. I am hoping this will give me some insight into my confusing situation.

Fostha

"Should you or shouldn't you " spread

Would this one help? Lay out as shown.
123~456
*7***8
***9***
1~3=What may happen if you do what you're contemplating.

4~6=What may happen if you maintain the status quo.

7=Outcome if you make a change.

8=Outcome if you dont make a change.

9=Something you need to know before deciding.

Ontheverge1027

Fostha, I will try that spread also. Looks like an insightful one.
I had some interesting information come out of the above spread. For pros of staying it gave me the wheel of fortune and for cons of staying it gave me the lovers. Is it basically telling me that regardless of staying eventually I will have to make a choice or the choice will be made for me?

Justalilbeginner

Thank you! There may be a time when I shall try this. It may sound depressing, but it's not really is it?

tarotcognito

I like this spread. Going into my journal.

Thanks for sharing. :)