single card

Fostha

does anybody know what it means to keep pulling the same single card over a long period of time,been pulling the knight of swords as a single card over the past 3-4 years and am unsure as to what its trying to tell me,any ideas?

214red

it usually means that you havent got the message, i would suggest taking the card staring at it and saying or writing what you see in the card.

something will click when you talk through it

Fostha

have tried that and my immediate thoughts were always a younger male sweeping through my life swiftly with his sword to clear away all unwanted things that no longer matter,helping to make a clean sharp break,does that sound familiar for that card?

afrosaxon

Hi Fostha,

At the top right of the Using Tarot Cards section is a link that says "Search This Forum". You can type in "Knight of Swords" and it will bring up a lot of threads about the card in general, and also about its meaning in certain contexts (such as relationships or career).

You may also want to check out Table of Contents--The Cards and scroll down to the Knights section; there are several general threads about the Knight of Swords.

With regard to repeating cards and the like, you can use the "Search This Forum" feature to look for previous threads about repeating cards, or you can check out the extremely useful resource called Table of Contents--All About Reading. It addresses many common issues with regard to reading, and there is a special section for newer/less seasoned readers.

Finally, what does the card image say to you when you see it? Keep in mind that images vary from deck to deck, and at the end of the day, YOUR feeling surrounding a card is what that card means for YOU. That's the beauty of tarot, and that's why it is suggested that you keep a journal and jot down what comes to mind when you see the card (journaling is also covered in the All About Reading thread. :D).

Good luck, and welcome to AT.

T.

Thirteen

Fostha said:
does anybody know what it means to keep pulling the same single card over a long period of time,been pulling the knight of swords as a single card over the past 3-4 years and am unsure as to what its trying to tell me,any ideas?
Ah. One more time. I really must make this a sticky:

Shuffle the cards. Separate them into four piles according to the suits: intellect/communication, family/relationships/emotions, health/work/money, career/passions/ethics.

Where ever the knight shows up, that's the message. It's about that part of your life. See if that makes it make more sense. If it doesn't, and you're still mystified, keep the Knight out, and say to the deck, "I know this is about health/work/money (or whatever), but I need clarification on what this Knight is trying to tell me." Shuffle.

Put down a clarifying card over him.

Keep in mind that the Knight/Swords is often about swift communications and debates. Including texting, internet chats, facebook, etc. So think about that. The card may be simply warning you that you're wasting too much time on the internet or texting friends, or it might be telling you to be the Knight/Swords and be more aggressive in using your mind and voice. Speak up.

Aladdin

The 'Ancient Egyptian' tarot by Clive Barrett suggests this card relates to a flight of fantasy. This is an interesting alternative presentation of this card.
Quite often i have found this to be true.

Aulruna

Whenever I keep pulling the same card over and over, it has meant one of the following for me:

- a permanent, persistent influence in my life (often something I have no or not much control over - one of these was e.g. my husband's boss)

- an issue or area of life I need to work on, as the issue hasn't been resolved between the readings

- a prominent character trait of myself, i.e. representing my in my essence.

If you are unclear what this card might signify for you, try to read with defined positions.

214red

Fostha said:
have tried that and my immediate thoughts were always a younger male sweeping through my life swiftly with his sword to clear away all unwanted things that no longer matter,helping to make a clean sharp break,does that sound familiar for that card?
if it resonates with you, its right!!

but also remember its not always a person, this could be an action you need to do, and i think its likely its trying to get you to do this action rather on wait for someone to come in and do it.

sometimes the cards try and give us a kick and the a** , not just to wait for it to happen