Single Suit Tarot reading

REsubmerged

Have you ever done a reading where only one suit was present?

For example, if it were only Cups in the reading, this is high on intuition, emotion, and subjectivity. The person or situation would be one where there was a lack of objectivity, perspective, and maybe even communication (Swords), a lack of practicality and sensibility (Pentacles), and a lack of action, energy and motivation (Wands).

What do you think?[/b}

rwcarter

Generally, I agree with your premise. Assuming at least 3 cards in the reading and a single suit, there is a (probably unhealthy) focus on a single aspect of a situation that is clouding the Querent's ability to look objectively at the situation.

nisaba

Yes I have.

What do you think?
<smile> I think that whatever cards come out, are down to how the querent shuffles. And that's as it should be.

After that point, I just open my mouth and let the reading happen ...

REsubmerged

Generally, I agree with your premise. Assuming at least 3 cards in the reading and a single suit, there is a (probably unhealthy) focus on a single aspect of a situation that is clouding the Querent's ability to look objectively at the situation.

This makes sense to me. Definitely would be an unbalanced situation or perspective.

Teheuti

It really depends on the question and circumstances. Why assume it's unhealthy? Cups is, generally speaking, the most positive suit. Perhaps the answer only refers to this area of life. I tend to assume that missing suits are areas that are taking care of themselves and don't need our consideration at this time - unless the question deals most directly with things of a missing suit. Is the glass half full or half empty? Are you focusing on the fullness of the situation or the emptiness of and what's lacking in it? My first thought is that the response is saying you need to examine or acknowledge these Cups aspects of your life.

schwammyy

For example, if it were only Cups in the reading, this is high on intuition, emotion, and subjectivity. The person or situation would be one where there was a lack of objectivity, perspective, and maybe even communication (Swords), a lack of practicality and sensibility (Pentacles), and a lack of action, energy and motivation (Wands).

What do you think?[/b}

Usually that person is too involved with one area of their life and they need a more healthy balance.

nisaba

Usually that person is too involved with one area of their life and they need a more healthy balance.

Or perhaps the other areas of their life are going swimmingly at the time the reading is done, and don't need any special attention.