Smith-Waite Centennial Deck Cardstock 2015

Ambrosia

Hello all!

I'm late to the party with this deck, have just ordered the standard size (deck only) and the pocket version in a tin.

Just wondering though, as it's now 2015 if there has been any slide in quality with the decks available now as opposed to when it was introduced in 2009?

I REALLY want both to have the lovely waxy finish I've heard so much about, not a hideous glossy stock (think Italian Universal Waite) or the thin, papery finish of the pocket Vanessa, Universal Waite etc.

Anyone bought a more recent version lately? Do tell.....

g4nymede

i just got the tin version in the mail, and im pretty satisfied with it. i don't have a frame of reference, but it holds up well to shuffling (pretty pliable, but bounces back straight) and it seems pretty durable. the finish is very nice! not too glossy or papery, in my opinion. of course, this is subjective and it's my first tarot deck, so i might be wrong.

drkilgoretrout

I bought a standard one a couple months ago, and the cardstock is wonderful. I don't think it's changed or been reprinted that much yet.

Ambrosia

Lovely!

Thank you both kindly! :)

InkyAlchemy

I purchased both the standard and tin versions last month. The finish on both makes them a dream to shuffle. I love touching them!

Ambrosia

I purchased both the standard and tin versions last month. The finish on both makes them a dream to shuffle. I love touching them!

Awesome! I can't "Waite" to get them haha!

Should receive the standard deck this week but the pocket is on pre-order as it hasn't been released here in NZ yet. So that will be August I think.