snowflake obsedian

gorgeousbutterfly

i've been using this stone under my bra under my heart. i heard is good for protection. i have depression and episode where i feel very very bad so now that i have been doing this my depression seems to disappear or lessen a lot. do you think then maybe because its protection i might be psychically attacked and that is why i am depressed?

Basic Elements

No, I think you are depressed for much more ordinary and mundane reasons.

Ambrosia

Obsidian is supposed to absorb negativity, so this could indeed be helping.
It is very important to cleanse the stone regularly while using it for this purpose, perhaps once a day.
It's also a very grounding stone.
I'm not sure what "extra" properties Snowflake Obsidian has as I don't have much experience with it, but the above is applicable for any kind of Obsidian.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with some extra info :)

Ambrosia

Ooh! Ijust reread your post and realised you said you thought it was making you *worse*! I thought you had said it was helping. Sorry.

In that case it is even more important to cleanse it. Obsidian can be quite powerful for certain people and it may be absorbing your *depression* so to speak. You have to cleanse the stone before it will begin to absorb again if that makes sense. You are, in a sense, "keeping your depression with you" by not cleansing it.
Gee I hope that made sense.
Try it anyway.
The easiest way is to run it under cold water for a few minutes.
Hope it helps.

Ambrosia

Basic Elements said:
No, I think you are depressed for much more ordinary and mundane reasons.
I agree. I don't think the Obsidian itself is making you depressed, but it CAN amplify these sort of feelings if not cleansed regularly.

gorgeousbutterfly

Ambrosia said:
Ooh! Ijust reread your post and realised you said you thought it was making you *worse*! I thought you had said it was helping. Sorry.

In that case it is even more important to cleanse it. Obsidian can be quite powerful for certain people and it may be absorbing your *depression* so to speak. You have to cleanse the stone before it will begin to absorb again if that makes sense. You are, in a sense, "keeping your depression with you" by not cleansing it.
Gee I hope that made sense.
Try it anyway.
The easiest way is to run it under cold water for a few minutes.
Hope it helps.

no no. i meant the obsedian is making me FEEL much better. it takes my depression away or lessens it to a great degree. i'm sorry if i confused you.

Ambrosia

Ok cool. So my first post was right then.

Yea like I said, Obsidian can absorb a lot of negativity so make sure you cleanse it at the end of the day or in the morning, that way you are not keeping that energy around if that makes sense. :)
It needs to be released so that the stone doesn't become "clogged" is the easiest way I can put it.
It won't continue to work so well if it has become "clogged".

Hope it helped.

gorgeousbutterfly

yes that makes sense because the 2nd time i used it it wasn't as strong. i put it in the sunshine is that ok? or should i put it in sea salt? thank you so much.

Ambrosia

I'm not too sure on the best way to cleanse Obsidian.
Some stones are ruined in salt or if they are left in water too long, or can fade in the sun.
There are many ways to cleanse stones.

Your best bet is to google "cleansing Obsidian" and look at a few ideas before deciding.

I have found holding under running water for a few minutes seems to do the job though.

Good luck :)

allecto

I've found snowflake obsidian good for negativity, too. It's very grounding and soothing, I feel.
I read somewhere that it's less intense than black obsidian so is good to work with if you're feeling a bit fragile. My guess would be that you're not under attack so much as needing some extra shielding and that's why the obsidian is working for you - my own experiences of depression involve feeling everything way too much, getting thrown by the tiniest things going wrong. Some extra grounding and protection from everything that you come across in the day is probably just what you need.
Hope you continue to recover.
~a