Solleone Tarot (Elisabetta Cassari) - Study Group?

strings of life

There aren't any threads about the content of The Solleone Tarot save for it being mentioned in posts, but I am interested in taking a closer look at it. The cards are huge and perfect for honing in on details.

Elisabetta Cassari's images evoke such a wide array of raw emotions. Sure many of them cause you to wince, but that bitter beauty represents the reality of mankind. These images are allegorical and stand the test of time, even though they are Medieval in theme.

Does anyone want to join me in a Study Group? I plan on starting it even if there aren't any takers at the moment. This will be my first time doing one here. Yes, its OOP (1983), so I am hoping that others who have it are curious about chatting about it with others.

Now or never :).

strings of life

Bumping my own thread that I created almost 3 years ago. Wow, that long?

I haven't forgotten about this deck and just obtained a spare. I spent a good 2 hours with the deck (not the spare) yesterday and remembered that I created this thread and never got anywhere with it.

I suppose that this isn't the most popular of decks being dark, brutal, and bloody by nature, at first glance. Based in But it looks like it reads well, amazingly so. There are so many lessons to be learned from the medieval period. Swindlers, shady priests and landlords that work their peasants to hard, women who were ostracized or killed being too strong or delving in the dark arts (even if they did, should that have mattered).

Many of the cards have the same characters appear throughout. And The World may be one of my favorites ever(depicted in what could be be modern times).

Far shot, but does anyone else want to look into this deck more? I'm planning in it, mainly because there's some great symbolism and the LWB goes into depth about much of it (what's being depicted in the card, colors, animals/creatures), but not all of it.

Eusebia

I am proud and happy owner of a Solleone Tarot now, but sadly without a LWB. ther was only a 4 page promo flyer in it. So, I would be happy about a study group. The rest of this month I'll be busy with another deck, then I will switch to the solleone. how do you create a study group? I'm new here.

Sulis

Hi Eusebia,

Welcome to Tarot Study Groups :).

Since this group never got off the ground I've started a new index thread for it here: Solleone Tarot study group index thread (click)

Just start threads in the main Tarot Study Groups forum - each card or separate topic needs a separate thread and send me a private message when each new thread is started so that I can add a link to the index thread.

Here's a link to the Tarot Study Groups posting guidelines - if you need anything explaining just PM me and I'll do my best to help.
Tarot Study Groups posting guidelines - please read!

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

strings of life

Hi Eusebia,

Welcome to Tarot Study Groups :).

Since this group never got off the ground I've started a new index thread for it here: Solleone Tarot study group index thread (click)

Just start threads in the main Tarot Study Groups forum - each card or separate topic needs a separate thread and send me a private message when each new thread is started so that I can add a link to the index thread.

Here's a link to the Tarot Study Groups posting guidelines - if you need anything explaining just PM me and I'll do my best to help.
Tarot Study Groups posting guidelines - please read!

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator
Thanks for setting the group up officially, Sulis!

strings of life

I am proud and happy owner of a Solleone Tarot now, but sadly without a LWB. ther was only a 4 page promo flyer in it. So, I would be happy about a study group. The rest of this month I'll be busy with another deck, then I will switch to the solleone. how do you create a study group? I'm new here.
Hi Eusebia, This is one of my favorite decks and would still love to explore it thoroughly. Since this deck is not as popular as others, I had to respond when I saw your post. You are giving me some motivation to make this study group happen :).

I can make print copies of the LWB and mail them to you in Germany. PM me if you are interested.

I normally don't like to study a deck in order, but I recognize similarities in some of the card, such as the same characters appearing in several cards. Regardless, I'll create threads on cards in order or in no order, and will PM Sulis so that she can add them to the index.

Eusebia

study group

Sulis: thank you so much.

Strings of Life:
I think you are right, it might be good to have a starting point for all the cards fist. However, my usual way to study a new deck is to do lots of readings about a novel or something, so I get a feel for them.
I think I should use something English and easiely accessible for this so others can understand what the readings are about. How about some Shakespeare play? There's enough human troubles and symbolic topics in them to be interesting for this imho. Other suggestions?
Maybe I even can post some of those readings if things go well.

edit: I'm too stupid to spell