Some confusing readings lately

psha85

Hi all,

My fiance and I broke up a couple months ago and hadn't really been talking properly since then. I have recently told him that I realized we broke up in haste and that I want to work things out with him. He hasn't been too willing but in the past few days, we have been communicating more about our relationship. He claims he still doesn't want to get back together but then he keeps talking to me about it anyway which makes me think he actually does want to, just isn't ready to give up his anger quite yet. There is still a lot of love between us which gives me hope for him coming around.

I did a couple readings in the past day or so. In the most recent one, I asked what he was feeling for me and our relationship, particularly after reading my last response to an email he sent me. Given how heated things had become in the past few days, I was surprised by how positive the reading looked! I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting it or not so I figured I should post it here and get some more opinions.

Question: What is he feeling for me and our relationship after reading my last email?

6 of Pentacles
Knight of Pentacles
The Magician
Summary: 8 of Pentacles

To me, this looks like a reading about someone who is very committed to their partner (Knight of Pentacles). I see a lot of cooperation/communication (6 of Pentacles) and someone who is really dedicated to working on things (8 of Pentacles and Magician). It's just confusing since he claims he's not open to this possibility but the reading seems to indicate otherwise..? Thoughts?

My second reading was done yesterday before he read my response to his email. Question: How likely is it that he will give me another chance and start trusting me again?

3 of Cups
7 of Cups
The Sun
Summary: Knight of Cups

Honestly, I'm a bit confused by the 3 and 7 of Cups, but my guess is that it could mean that he's tempted (7 of Cups) by my offer to work things out with him and reconcile (3 of Cups). The Sun is really positive in the future position so I would interpret that as it being very likely since it's a major and represents happiness. And of course, Knight of Cups is a proposal which is good to see next to the Sun in this question. Am I correct in my interpretation that it's very likely he will come around soon?

Sorry for such a long post but I hope to gain some insight into this situation and his feelings about all this. Please let me know what you think. Thanks! :)

Charlie Brown

IDK. This is confusing to me, in part, because you don't explicitly describe your spread. You mentioned a "future position. If I'm correct in inferring that you're doing a past-present-future spread I might have some different interpretations of the cards. As you say, 3 of Cups represents the relationship and the foundation that it was built on. To me, the 7 of Cups suggests he's thinking about it. As the card of dreams though, I imagine he's thinking about more than just about your offer though and is thinking about all the things he wants in a partner and in his romantic life. From that perspective, I see the Sun in its common role as an ego card. He's going to center his focus on himself and if he's interested in rekindling the relationship it's going to be on his own terms and his own time.

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi psha85,

Could you please break down your interpretation of each reading so that it's card by card?
With the first reading in particular, I'm having trouble linking what you've said to the cards.

From the posting rules:
You must interpret all of the cards individually - please make it obvious, no 'overview' interpretation.

One reply has been removed and will be put back when you've done that.

Could everyone else please wait?

Sulis - moderator

psha85

Hi psha85,

Could you please break down your interpretation of each reading so that it's card by card?
With the first reading in particular, I'm having trouble linking what you've said to the cards.

From the posting rules:

One reply has been removed and will be put back when you've done that.

Could everyone else please wait?

Sulis - moderator
[/SIZE]

Sorry about that! I added the individual cards to my interpretations now. Let me know if it looks ok. Thanks!

Sulis

Thanks psha85, I've put Charlie Brown's reading back in the thread.

psha85

IDK. This is confusing to me, in part, because you don't explicitly describe your spread. You mentioned a "future position. If I'm correct in inferring that you're doing a past-present-future spread I might have some different interpretations of the cards. As you say, 3 of Cups represents the relationship and the foundation that it was built on. To me, the 7 of Cups suggests he's thinking about it. As the card of dreams though, I imagine he's thinking about more than just about your offer though and is thinking about all the things he wants in a partner and in his romantic life. From that perspective, I see the Sun in its common role as an ego card. He's going to center his focus on himself and if he's interested in rekindling the relationship it's going to be on his own terms and his own time.

Sorry for not being clear about the spread. I generally do past-present-future spreads unless it's a question which is more suited for a general 3 card reading which is just showing different aspects of the situation. I think in this reading, past-present-future makes more sense because I'm asking about the likelihood of him renewing the relationship. But the reading on what he's feeling I see the cards as working together to provide more information of the overall picture.

And thank you for your interpretation! So far that's definitely been his vibe; he's really focusing on what's best for him and what he wants. He's made it clear it's his decision at this point so I think you're right, it will be on his own terms for sure. Is the Knight of Cups as the summary card supportive of him deciding to be with me though or is it still kind of based on ego?

Charlie Brown

Is the Knight of Cups as the summary card supportive of him deciding to be with me though or is it still kind of based on ego?

Well, I don't usually use summary cards with past-present-future spreads, so I may not have the right 'touch' but, it seems to me that a summary is an overview of the reading and the reading is past-present-future. I don't see how a summary card could/would be predictive in this context. To me, I see the the Knight of Cups as saying that this reading is about him as a lover. Additionally, because the reading says "he's doing him", I *might* think that the cards are telling you that you aren't going to have access to the energies that would allow you to do a predictive reading on his final decision. Such things are really beyond me, though.