Sorrow and The Wild Unknown

The Happy Squirrel

Much has been said about The Wild Unknown deck. I bought them because for once, I found a deck I can visually and emotionally connect with instantly. Yet, I have not reached for it since it arrived in my possession. Except for once, in exploring a life changing decision. It isn't a deck I can reach for casually. It's quiet dignity felt too intense for that. Recently I had gone through a rather sorrowful episode. I reached for this deck and found myself staring at the nine of wands. I don't usually find the associated book helpful. But this time I ended up reading it for some reason. Passages which I found usually too specific suddenly went straight the core of my emotions. I hadn't been able to cry and in that moment I was able to. But I felt strong and hopeful at the same time. I can no longer remember the words associated with the image. But the image stays with me. And it helped me find the courage to carry on.

nisaba

<warm smile> This is exactly why Tarot is healing.

Alta

Yes I thought something like that as well. That is the beauty and the strength of Tarot, especially using a very sensitive deck like that one.

The Happy Squirrel

What fascinates me is that other nine of wands from other decks didn't have the same effect.....

The power of imagery ......