Spiritual protection

NightQueen

Which crystals would you all recommend for spiritual protection? What is the best way to clean crystals i'm new to crystals my self i do use some but now i want to go more in depth with expanding my knowledge on all the crystal and their energies, is there a crystal for clairvoyance?

Sophie

NightQueen said:
Which crystals would you all recommend for spiritual protection? What is the best way to clean crystals i'm new to crystals my self i do use some but now i want to go more in depth with expanding my knowledge on all the crystal and their energies, is there a crystal for clairvoyance?
That's three questions ;) I'll deal with them in turn:

1. In general, all black/slate stones are good for protection, spiritual and otherwise. E.g. black onyx; black tourmaline (a favourite of mine, but very strong, I don't use it on the body, only on the environment); black obsidian; hematite (made up of iron ore) - it's a very yang stone, good for when you are feeling weak; jet - this one is traditionally used against curses and other negative energies; galenite (made up of lead ore) - it offers protection if you work with magic; graphite (this is made up of carbon, same composition as diamond) - a grounding stone.

Any stone with black veins in it, like rhodonite, will also have protective, grounding effects on top of the other effects of that stone. Other spiritually protective stones are amethyst (because it appeases emotions) and peridot (associated with the heart chakra - it works well in combination with labradorite if you use labradorite to visualise and protect yourself).

2. If you mean cleaning as in making clean, then I would say it depends on the chemical composition of the stone or crystal. Some stones will take salt water, some only distilled water, and some, no water at all (don't put sodalite or selenite in water!). For those that can't take water (you need to get yourself a list - off the internet, or do a search in this forum), you can clean with a brush.

If you mean cleansing as in removing negative energies and preparing the stone to be recharged, then again, water and salt water is good for some stones. For others, you can bury them in earth, expose them to sunlight (not all of them - some lose their colour), or to moonlight. Some crystals cleanse other crystals - that's the case of clear quartz and carnelian. Some stones need more cleansing than others - a typical example is malachite, which needs regular cleansing because it absorbs negative emotion so well.

For charging, again, it will depend on the stone. All stones can be charged on a clear quartz cluster without damage. Some stones charge well in water, some near fire, some in the sun, some in the moon (or in both, actually). I have used all sorts of things to charge stones - including a sweaty body just after lovemaking!

3. Clairvoyant stones: in general all clear stones - typically quartz crystal (this can also be programmed for all sorts of uses - very handy crystal!). Diamond if you happen to have one ;) (don't just use that lovely engagement solitaire to look pretty!), white topaz, gypsum (e.g. selenite). Also any stone that helps you open the third eye - indigo blue stones such as lapis lazuli, blue adventurine, sodalite, azurite, blue sapphire, labradorite, haüyne; and violet stones such as amethyst, tanzanite and fluorite. Aquamarine is also very useful in developing lucidity and truth in visions (so it compensates for any confusion and prevents false visions). I find moss agate very good for visualisation - you can see a whole forest in those stones! Moss agate is also grounding without being heavy.

These are just a few pointers. I would recommend you invest a good book on lithotherapy (e.g. Judy Hall's Crystal Bible).

NightQueen

Thankyou so much helvetica for all your information i really appriciate it!!!

Blessed be:)