Spread for jumper cards?

LovelyMissAries

I was looking in the forum index for a spread to use on jumper cards (I'm sure AT has one, how could they not?) but I didn't see any/wasn't sure where to look. Does anyone know any spreads off the top of their head?

There was one initial jumper card and it happened to be a friend's personality/soul card that always comes up if I am to hear from them. So I asked "What's this about?" and my deck gave me 3 more jumper cards but I'm experiencing brain fog tonight and don't get it. Thus why I'm looking for an actual jumper card spread.

nisaba

I have a theory about jumpers that is really complicated (bear with me here, I realise you didn't ask for theories).

When I have new, or even not-so-new slippery-laminated cards, jumpers happen as a part of the nature of the lamination until the deck is broken in.

When a client is shuffling, often jumpers can be not significant as individual cards, but an outer sign that they are really nervous. I tend to set them at ease: I don't try to see the cards unless they offer, I tell them it's okay, all I want is for them to rearrange the order of the cards, I don't need them to shuffle in style, it's all good.

When I am shuffling, or a client who is not nervous (and nerves can be hidden), and hte deck is not new and slippery, then jumpers are important.

Sometimes I'll have in mind a spread, but if a few or several cards come out, especially in a wad, I'll put them in a straight line and read them in that straight line without allocating a "meaning" to any of the positions, knowing they'll make a story.

If one card jumps significantly, or has jumped a few times, I'll put it on the table, shuffle the deck, and do a three-carder below it, relating each of the three cards individually and as a group to the jumper.

Ir you can put the jumper in the centre as the issue to be understood: a card above it for understanding, aspirations and improvements, a card below it for subconscious forces at work, and a card either side of it for people or factors around it. This very basic cross-spread will actually give you quite a lot of information if the jumper is important - it won't give you much but confusion if the jumper jumped because of lamination or other unimportant issues.

LovelyMissAries

nisaba said:
I have a theory about jumpers that is really complicated (bear with me here, I realise you didn't ask for theories).

When I have new, or even not-so-new slippery-laminated cards, jumpers happen as a part of the nature of the lamination until the deck is broken in.

When a client is shuffling, often jumpers can be not significant as individual cards, but an outer sign that they are really nervous. I tend to set them at ease: I don't try to see the cards unless they offer, I tell them it's okay, all I want is for them to rearrange the order of the cards, I don't need them to shuffle in style, it's all good.

When I am shuffling, or a client who is not nervous (and nerves can be hidden), and hte deck is not new and slippery, then jumpers are important.

Sometimes I'll have in mind a spread, but if a few or several cards come out, especially in a wad, I'll put them in a straight line and read them in that straight line without allocating a "meaning" to any of the positions, knowing they'll make a story.

If one card jumps significantly, or has jumped a few times, I'll put it on the table, shuffle the deck, and do a three-carder below it, relating each of the three cards individually and as a group to the jumper.

Ir you can put the jumper in the centre as the issue to be understood: a card above it for understanding, aspirations and improvements, a card below it for subconscious forces at work, and a card either side of it for people or factors around it. This very basic cross-spread will actually give you quite a lot of information if the jumper is important - it won't give you much but confusion if the jumper jumped because of lamination or other unimportant issues.

Thanks Nisaba, this is really useful! My deck is hardly new or laminated, I've actually had it for almost 10 years and have shuffled it so many times over the last 3 months that it is starting to get scuff marks and creases on the outside (so much so that I know some of which cards are which...which I hate because it takes the fun out of drawing cards during readings.) I did try pulling 3 clarifiers but I'm off my game tonight and plus doing that just left me with more questions because I wasn't sure what the jumper card was even connected to. Heh, I should've thought to ask "Hey what is this connected to?" I shall try. :)