Spread recommendation for family drama please?

schizandra

My mother has just informed me that she is coming to my house because she needs someone to talk to. She's having trouble with my 15 year old sister who is depressed and acting out in a number of self destructive ways. I went through a similar time in my life, which is why my mother likes to talk to me and pick my brain about my sister.

The trouble is, I've come to realize the significant role my mother played in my own adolescent depression. I'm an independent adult; that time in my life is over and (I thought) buried. But the saga is repeating itself with my sister. I don't mind helping my sister, and I have been doing so. But I can't sympathize with my mother on this, nor do I have a desire to confront her on her faults. I don't know what to say to her when she comes over today.

Anyone know of a spread that can help me sort out this situation?

Tamaya

Anyone know of a spread that can help me sort out this situation?

In such difficult and emotional situations it could be helpful to use simple readings
and work out more the question - so - i would ask like this:

1 - the real matter for you ?
2 - what kind of letting go is necessary?
3 - what should i do how to behave/to act?
4 - what should be the outcome of Pos. 3

5 - advice to handle the situation

schizandra

Thank you, Tamaya. My mom showed up early and so I didn't get to try the spread. Instead I ended up pulling a single I Ching card; hexagram 23, Mountain over Earth. Truly fitting for the situation. The spread you suggested is still relevant after the fact however, so I will try it when I get the chance and see how it relates to the hexagram I drew.

Thank you!