Spread to give insight about a person

Alessi

I came up with this spread when trying to understand and get along better with work colleagues in other countries who sometimes have languages other than English as their first language.

It works very well for me so I thought I would share it.

Spread to give insight about a person

1. Who is he? (you would most likely get a court card here)
2. What does he most desire?
3. What does he most fear?
4. What is his secret? (secret thing that makes them "tick")

The layout I use is the first three in a row and the fourth card directly underneath the second.
1-2-3
- 4 -

I would love to know if this is useful to anyone else.

Cheers

Alessi

Espirito

Thanks to for posting this spread.

I will try.

akmstarlight

I used this spread to get to the core of who my ex-boyfriend really is. He likes to hide behind walls and I wanted to see if the cards would give any insight to his personality. So, this is what I got.

Position 1: King of Pentacles
Position 2: 5 of Swords
Position 3: The Fool
Position 4: 10 of Cups

The fact that he "is" the King of Pentacles kind of gave me pause. I always envisioned my Ex as a carefree individual with no inclinations to responsibility. Maybe I've just been blind and working off of an "old" interpretation of him.
5ofS indicates to me that he most desires "winning". Which I would believe to be true; the two of us have spent many pointless hours trying to keep our pride and "beat" the other. This would usually be through vapid indicators, like who had more friends or admirers.
The presence of the Fool indicates to me that he is afraid of just that -- being a fool. He doesn't want to be vulnerable or outmaneuvered.
The 10oC in this position baffles me a bit, though. The position is supposed to be "that which makes him tick". The card is such a happy one that the only thing I could come up with is "idealism". The ideal way he wants things to be is what makes him do all the things he does, even if it's in error.

All in all, thanks for the spread! I enjoyed it.

iAmRiotEyes

I just used this for my first reading :) I'll post my results in the "Your Readings" section if anyone wants to have a look.

Thanks so much Alessi! It worked great :D

Kokopelli

This is so insightful, thanks! I did a reading for someone close to me, and for myself. Bang on, both of them.

LadyAradia81

This looks simple and accuarate I will give it whirl thanks :)

Alessi

I am so glad to see that people had good results with this!

Cheers

Alessi