Spreads with Majors

KidCatheter

22 card spreads

Yellow,

I first became interested in Tarot after I was given a reading at a party by a "street person" (or at least so he seemed) in Bogota, Colombia. He had a very old looking worn Egyptian Tarot deck of sorts. So worn in fact that many of the images were barely visible. I think he based a lot of his interpretation on numerology. Saying that this number meant this, plus this number means this, and so on and so forth. In retrospect the thing I find most interesting about his reading was the spread he used. He only used the major arcana, and used the whole thing. Laying all the cards out in succession into two squarish shapes, and overlaping some cards. I've never seen another do a spread quite like it and have never seen it documented anywhere, in what little research I've done and experience I've had. If anyone knows any 22 card spreads or the specific spread I'm thinking of, I'd like to hear about it.

Kid

tao51

I am not sure of this person's spread

I have done a 22 card spread with just the majors. It was called the cycle of life. Ten cards are placed in a circle on the left side then a card is placed in the middle of this circle. The middle card represents the querent in this circle. The left circle represents the cycle of the querents past to present. This is then repeated for the right circle. This circle represents the present to future.
The left reading begins with the card to the left of the middle card. As the cards progress and become closer to the starting place they are progressing closer to the present. They are read clockwise. This is like a causal chain which each card connects to the next card. The right circle is the present to future. Again the start card is the one to the right of the middle card. They move again clockwise but as the cards move away from the starting card the future is brought into focus. This a very intuitive spread and reading. I have also seen this spread done in an overlay of the ten cards. I hope this is of help.--Tao