spreadsheet help

dolphingirl

Hi everyone

One of the people that my sig other works with says that she has friends that would love to get readings and if I want to do it she would be happy to give out business cards.

Here is my prob, I have given alot of thought to doing readings where I would get paid and would like do use spreads that are about 5-7 cards. What I want to do is have blank spread papers where we could write in what cards were drawn, which deck was used and basic meanings for all 78 cards for them to take home. That way they can think back on the reading at a later date and have a record of what was said.

What I am wondering is are there any spread sheets already on the web that I can download or print out? Or do I need to make them myself? I would like to have around 4 spreads to choose from. Also I would be thrilled to hear some spread recomendiations :)

Thanks
DolphinGirl

lunalafey

OH spreadsheet notes.....
I have made these, just a simple square for each position and the representation of the position below. I put the card pulled & 'key' thoughts in the box & then the 'writing of the reading' fills the spaces outside of the squares.
as far as spreads, the 5 or 7 horseshoe is always a good one.
then there is one like this:

1&2 are the heart of the issue
3-past
4-present
5-future

cjtarot

Hi, got a site for you

Hi

Bec has an awsome web page that has diffent spread on it and "work sheets".

Its worth checking it out.

http://www.anjastarot.dk/

I wish you well on your new venture

Bessings
Cj

shellyzi

spreadsheet

Hi,

Although you received the link to spreadsheets (which is very helpful) but it is so easy to draw one with your own tips...

You have to spend some time (not more than 1 hour) and draw the spreadsheet(s) with your more used spread(s), and just put the definitions which will help you to read the spread.

I generally file the sheets - for every person who comes to me - for further reading, or comparing situations from time to time.

Sometimes proceeding like this offer you the opportunity to find new spreads...

Trogon

dolphingirl said:
Here is my prob, I have given alot of thought to doing readings where I would get paid and would like do use spreads that are about 5-7 cards. What I want to do is have blank spread papers where we could write in what cards were drawn, which deck was used and basic meanings for all 78 cards for them to take home. That way they can think back on the reading at a later date and have a record of what was said.

What I am wondering is are there any spread sheets already on the web that I can download or print out? Or do I need to make them myself? I would like to have around 4 spreads to choose from. Also I would be thrilled to hear some spread recomendiations :)
Actually... I kind of already do something like this. But I don't do anything fancy like you're suggesting with pre-printed sheets specific to each spread. I just do notes in a steno pad. If the person wants the notes, I give them that, otherwise I just keep it for reference later on. By the way, I always ask before I start the reading if they mind if I take notes, if they don't want me to, I don't.

One thing I don't understand though, is why you would want to have a sheet with meanings for all the cards. I would think, that for most people that I do readings for, that wouldn't be all that helpful. Rather, I feel it would be more beneficial to write down the meanings you come up with for each card in each position for that particular reading. That way it is more personalized and more meaningful to that person for that reading. That way, if your intuition leads you to more obscure meanings or interpretations, those will be in the notes. Just having the cards which appeared in the reading and trying to compare them to a list of meanings would seem to me to be less meaningfull, or even impersonal. Thats my thoughts on it anyway... for whatever that might be worth... ;)