Stones for Attraction

earl

I have recently bought a piece of black tourmaline. I wire-wrapped it and made it into a lovely pendant. And I know for a fact that black tourmaline deflects negative energies away from you. And I seem to have noticed that wearing black tourmaline somehow makes me go incognito. Meaning that wearing the stone makes people to not notice me that much. It is as if I am wearing an invisibility cloak.

So I wonder, is there any stone that you see fit as a total opposite of the effects of black tourmaline?

I mean, a stone that will make people notice you more than ever? A stone that will make you a head-turner?

If no such stone exists, then what comes close to it?

psychicpaula

if you are meaning in terms of attracting general love, self esteem and even romance, then you cant go wrong with rose quartz..

black tourmaline could be having a negative effect on you as it can be a balancer if you are prone to excessive behaviour (hence the reason maybes why you feel that no one is now noticing you).. it is also a grounding stone so your energies are drawn to earth.. what sign are you? if you are not an earth sign its not a good idea to wear this.. let me know and i will see if i can help you further..

oh and if you want to know more about crystals in general before you start wearing them read up.. the crystal bible is a must.. :)

Paula

shelikes2read

Rose Quartz is one that is traditionally regarded as a stone to wear to attract love, especially if it's heart-shaped rose quartz.

It's a stone that also assists with love of all forms, both self-love and love of others; therefore, it could incline you to reach out more to others and/or feel a self-confidence that will allow you to shine forth your true self.

Citrine is a stone that boosts the third (navel) chakra, which governs self-confidence and strength, among other things; again, enhancing those qualities will help give you the mindset you'll need in order to step up and be noticed. And Carnelian resonates with the second (sacral) chakra, which governs life force. It also has a bouncy, upbeat energy that will help you take the actions you need to counteract the Black Tourmaline's absorbent energies.

Notice that in all these cases, the result is not so much geared toward letting the stone do the attracting, but on being proactive and bringing things into your life. The stones that will help you be bolder and/or more proactive are going to allow you to pick and choose what you attract into your life. That's better than having a stone act like a cosmic vacuum cleaner and draw anything/everything into your life, including things that, perhaps, you wouldn't have wanted coming in.

wildchilde

So I wonder, is there any stone that you see fit as a total opposite of the effects of black tourmaline?

I mean, a stone that will make people notice you more than ever? A stone that will make you a head-turner?

well, I could be misreading your question, but I don't see anything in here about "attracting love"...for me, the total opposite of black tourmaline would be clear crystal quartz. I swear every time I wear some people swarm me like bees, they start conversations and look at me in probing ways and ask questions of me that happens at no other time. It can often be quite disconcerting for me so I have to be very careful when I wear them. I much prefer the cloak of invisibility of black tourmaline ;)

Starshower

Interesting thread! I've always assumed that the effects of crystals are purely subjective & emotional, because of the connotations & attributes our cultures put on them ... & I love them & wear / 'use' a wide selection myself (both for their beauty & for the way I feel with them.) I've often wondered if there's any objective way of checking their properties & whether / how they affect us, other than through our amazingly creative imaginations (which I respect above all)?

I too have read, and almost 'believe' from personal experience, that black tourmaline absorbs 'energy' metaphorically, as described above. Also, that pink rose quartz seems indeed to feed warm, nurturing, loving, peaceful feelings. Would we feel these things if blindfolded, I wonder? Somehow, I think some sensitive people might well. Though why, & how, I cannot think. :)

Is it only the visible wearing of crystals that 'works' - both on the mindset of the wearer & perhaps subliminally on the attitude of the people seeing them?
What if one is wearing a crystal hidden out of sight? I suppose that could still affect the wearer's behaviour, if they remain aware they are wearing it? And what if they weren't?

And what about the quartz crystals in watches that people wear? And in ipods etc that they carry around? Would these still work as psychological / psychic 'transmitters' & 'energy magnifiers' too, I wonder?

earl

Psychicpaula - I'm a Cancer. And I never thought of the fact that the signs can also affect the way crystals work on people. I do love rose quartz. But I'm not comfortable wearing a pink bracelet in public. Maybe a tumbled stone in my pocket will do?

Shelikes2read- you do have a point there. I might consider buying some citrine beads and make a bracelet for my own. I do like what you said regarding the carnelian, but I don't resonate with it much. I given the chance to pick between carnelian and some other stone, I'd rather choose the other. But thanks for your insight. I appreciate it a lot! And yes, I never thought of the fact that things that I don't want.

Wildchilde- I never really did specify my query so I understand when people posted love attracting stones. But I think subconsciously, I asked the question because I want a stone that will help me to be more approachable me so that I might easily get someone to love.
And yeah, I like your suggestion. I'll try to wear my clear quartz pendant one day and try to see the changes. Maybe I'll sit next to someone and who knows what will happen next?

Starshower- I really understand your opinion. I once read of an article where a group of people conducted a study. In the study, 2 groups were made. One group was given real crystals and the other was given glass. Both groups specified that they felt vibrations holding the item, even though the other group was just holding plain glass. And I sometimes even doubt whether my stones are the ones pushing me to do things or if it is just me thinking that the stones are doing something for me. But still, subjective or not, people do report that they felt better. Maybe crystals are given to us by the universe to trigger the placebo effect that we needed. Who knows?