Stones for Bipolar

September Pixie

I have a friend who is suffering from bi-polar disorder and her birthday is Sunday and I would love to gift her a stone or two. I bought her a citrine pendant because I found the following properties:

Citrine: http://www.crystalsandjewelry.com/metaphysical_healing/stoneinfo/citrine.html
Citrine dissipates negative energies of all kinds. It also does not absorb any negative energies from its surroundings, and thus never needs energentic clearing. Citrine can be used to clear unwanted energies from the environment. Family issues caused by negative energies can also be resolved and cleared with citrine. Since citrine eliminates negative energies, it helps generate stability in all areas, and is good for general protection. In the mental area, citrine enhances mental clarity, confidence, and will power. It also increases creativity and promotes honesty. Emotionally, citrine relieves depression, self-doubt, anger, and irrational mood swings. Citrine is a stone that brings happiness and cheer to one who carries or wears it. Citrine also reduces self-destructive tendencies. Citrine helps eliminate fears caused by others' ideas and suggestions. It can help one overcome emotional traumas and grief.

I have quite a large collection of stones that I could gift her with some but perhaps taking her shopping and letting her pick out her own would be better.. but I am really trying to keep her out of the stores? Any suggestions would be great! (she deals with depression, mild mania ((shopping issue)), and anxiety).. I look forward to hearing your suggestions! :) & Thanks in advance!

September Pixie

At the site listed above I found the same question:

Q: "What stones are mystically condisdered good for a Bi-polar person?
A: "The stones that are traditionally used in crystal healing and metaphysics for bi-polar disorder are lepidolite, hematite, and ametrine. Stones traditionally used in crystal healing for mental / emotional balance, which is what you're aiming for when working with bi-polar are: ametrine, bloodstone, blue topaz, carnalian, celestite, chiastolite, chrysoprase, fluorite, hematite, kunzite, lepidolite, lodestone, rhodochrosite, rhodonite, sodalite, tektite, tigers eye, tourmaline, tree agate, unakite." February 27, 2005

Genna

The mineral Litium is a good medicine for bipolar disease, but is also listed as a good stone to carry (not instead of medicine of course) by one of my books, written by a Danish author.

September Pixie

I believe she took lithium for awhile :) I will mention it to her..

since no one replied to this before I left, I simply gave her the citrine necklace. A friend told me that garnets usually worked well too, so I will look into that for her next time I see her :) I welcome any other suggestions too! I plan to take her crystal shopping eventually :)

midnightmerry

Lithiophilite

The mineral lithiophilite is great for any kind of mental issue because of the lithium content, as has already been mentioned. I thought the more technical term would help you find it, if you still want to look into stones for your friend. You can find it on eBay now & again. You can make an elixir with it from the indirect method & give that to your friend for magickal purposes or if you can find someone to wire-wrap a polished piece of it, she can wear it.

Sherringham

crystal for bipolar

I have heard that kunzite is very good at stabilising bipolar swings, but its not been my own experience, as I'm not bipolar anyway.
But I'm sure your gift you have given her will be charged with all the Energies you wish for her.