Stones or crystals suited for ailments of the skin?

Yineth

Hello! I'm back with another question.

What stone or crystal do YOU recommend for skin ailments?

I'll try to be specific here. Ever since as a kid I have been dealing with a skin condition that i can only reference to as "eczema between the fingers". I've done investigations on what causes the condition and the closest was a condition that has a name I can't spell off the top of my head.

My mother used to apply iodine onto the area and my family physician at the time prescribes steroid cream for the area. However neither really treated it well. Over the years i seem to have grown out of it for the most part, but they like to resurface. I'm not about to put iodine on the spots again, so I'm looking at some holistic or home remedies, or crystals that may help with the pain and swelling.

I've had a thought about a pearl or moonstone due to the image of a smooth or white cooling surface. Any thoughts?

Ps: don't google the condition's image.

Hemera

I´m sorry to hear about your condition.
I suppose the doctor has tested that it´s not any type of allergy? Or a fungus? There are good medications for both.

Pearls are always good for soothing anything. And often eczema is boosted by a troubled mind so I´m sure you can´t go wrong with crystals like Amethyst, Rose Quartz and Clear Quartz. Soothing and cooling colors (blue) might also work; Blue Lace Agate, Labradorite/Spectrolite and the like.

Yineth

Hello Hemera,

I never heard the official english name of the condition, but wikipedia saved the day.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyshidrosis
The linked item is closest in description to what I have. I do warn that the photo they used is an extreme case and my hands look nothing like them. I guess it's nsfw if your workplace disallows wikipedia pages on medical conditions.

I'm planning on trying to get in contact with the school clinic's dermatology to see if they can make a final decision on this childhood condition of mine. I'm just trying to avoid anything too strong like prescription steroid cream.

As for the stones I have been trying to find the right blue stone for myself, so now might be a good time :)

Richard

......I'm just trying to avoid anything too strong like prescription steroid cream......
Hydrocortisone ointment is available without prescription in the US.

Yineth

Hydrocortisone ointment is available without prescription in the US.

I've tried that actually and it made it worse... >_<

But thanks for the tidbit :)