Strange disturbing dream :(

strangebrew

I had a dream that my ex and i were standing on a bridge over a large river and he threw something in then realised he shouldnt have (it was a red cup or similar)...he then dived in to retrieve it...he couldnt swim and didnt come back up to the surface

Maybe the vast amount of water in the dream represented huge emotions which he may be drowning in. Found it a bit worrying :(

Anyone?

firecatpickles

Since this was your ex, I think this is a dream about moving on. It is similar to the type of dream you have when you are trying to hide a dead body or you can't find the body of someone you killed.

In your dream, this idea is symbolized by the red cup (blood/red?). Since your ex apparently dies in this dream, and although you didn't kill him yourself, the parallel is that you cannot find him (i.e. "find the body"); so I'd say this dream is about letting bygones be bygones.

At least in your dream you didn't kill him and then try to hide the body!

danieljuk

heya SB, I know quite a lot about your ex situation but going to try and interpret this as objectively as possible. Although I see this fitting you so well but let's try and be objective.

Water always means emotions to me in dreams in some way. I think it's important as a symbol, how fast the river is flowing. A nice calm river is a different thing. I presume it's fast flowing. also how do you feel about him jumping into the river and never coming back? did you want to rescue him or say goodbye forever?

There is a long history of people letting things go in rivers, from Moses in the Bible to Hindu funerals, sometimes it's not a nice thing but it's a goodbye. Think 6 of Swords.

if you didn't really want him to come back in the river, I think that is a definite goodbye, moving on. but if you worried about him and wanted to help, perhaps that represents your feelings. you worry how he is doing but really want him to float away.

final symbols, the bridge well that is so an emotional transition between two points! and in your dream the thing you want to move on from dived off the bridge!

and the red cup. well we know the cup symbol from tarot with the cups suit. or the Queen of Cups with her cup she gazes into. the nurture, emotion, maybe the representation of intuition. for the red I looked in some colour websites (colour is my *thing* at the moment to learn about). Red can be anger, energy, power, emotion, passion. he dived over with the angry emotions perhaps? you got rid of the angry emotions and the ex and then maybe worried a bit but he was gone! The river forces him away, you don't have to deal with those emotions anymore.

just my ideas, hope it helps you SB :) I see this dream as positive really. It's a moving on dream! unless you found it terrifying or really horrible.

lol Fire Cat :D at least you didn't throw over a dead body!

strangebrew

Since this was your ex, I think this is a dream about moving on. It is similar to the type of dream you have when you are trying to hide a dead body or you can't find the body of someone you killed.

In your dream, this idea is symbolized by the red cup (blood/red?). Since your ex apparently dies in this dream, and although you didn't kill him yourself, the parallel is that you cannot find him (i.e. "find the body"); so I'd say this dream is about letting bygones be bygones.

At least in your dream you didn't kill him and then try to hide the body!

yes it was a letting go feeling :)....no i didnt kill him, but maybe in the next life lol ;)

thanks for your input, very helpful

strangebrew

heya SB, I know quite a lot about your ex situation but going to try and interpret this as objectively as possible. Although I see this fitting you so well but let's try and be objective.

Water always means emotions to me in dreams in some way. I think it's important as a symbol, how fast the river is flowing. A nice calm river is a different thing. I presume it's fast flowing. also how do you feel about him jumping into the river and never coming back? did you want to rescue him or say goodbye forever?

There is a long history of people letting things go in rivers, from Moses in the Bible to Hindu funerals, sometimes it's not a nice thing but it's a goodbye. Think 6 of Swords.

if you didn't really want him to come back in the river, I think that is a definite goodbye, moving on. but if you worried about him and wanted to help, perhaps that represents your feelings. you worry how he is doing but really want him to float away.

final symbols, the bridge well that is so an emotional transition between two points! and in your dream the thing you want to move on from dived off the bridge!

and the red cup. well we know the cup symbol from tarot with the cups suit. or the Queen of Cups with her cup she gazes into. the nurture, emotion, maybe the representation of intuition. for the red I looked in some colour websites (colour is my *thing* at the moment to learn about). Red can be anger, energy, power, emotion, passion. he dived over with the angry emotions perhaps? you got rid of the angry emotions and the ex and then maybe worried a bit but he was gone! The river forces him away, you don't have to deal with those emotions anymore.

just my ideas, hope it helps you SB :) I see this dream as positive really. It's a moving on dream! unless you found it terrifying or really horrible.

lol Fire Cat :D at least you didn't throw over a dead body!

Wow (((Daniel))) that is so well analyzed! I didnt actually wake up feeling sad or panicky..i didnt feel anything strangely..or maybe not strangely as i let go of him quite some time ago! The other thought was that he may be, at last, diving into the emotional side of himself as he always tended to surpress that before. Maybe by me letting him go now, he can start to heal (as you rightly said about waters representing emotions)

Thanks so much! Very helpful xxxx