Strange Energies

madhavighare

hi
i have been reading tarot cards for over 3 years now, professionally. i recently began to notice something strange happening. after each reading, i would shuffle the deck, and then pick out a card i liked best and put it as the bottom-most card of the deck and put the deck away till the next reading. over a period of time, i began noticing that between two readings, the energies of whichever card i had chosen began converging around me.

for example, i once put the seven of pentacles as the bottom-most card and put the deck away. the next reading i did was about five days later. in between, i got money that had been coming to me but had gotten stuck. i had similar experiences with magician, and with star and temperance and so on.

after that, one day, while i was reading for myself, i saw the ace of pentacles reversed in the future bit of my reading. i dont know what came over me, and i made a conscious choice that this would not happen. i picked up the card and with all these thoughts in mind, i made it upright. interestingly, things turned out just as i had wanted them. expenses did crop up, but the income was way more than the expenses.

what is happening to me? i dont know anyone who i can ask about this. searched on the forum for similar questions, and found none.

if someone knows what is happening to me, i would appreciate the guidance! please help me understand this....

Jewel

madhavighare said:
what is happening to me? i dont know anyone who i can ask about this. searched on the forum for similar questions, and found none.
I am a firm believer in that what you project is what you attract. You are making conscious decisions (by picking specific cards) to bring those aspects into your life. That will is what is making it happen, not the cards. Just my two pearls ...

Alta

I have no personal experience, but am relaying what I have read.

Mary Greer comments that while she was writing her book on Tarot Reversals, she had to 'live' every one she did. I mean, she was forced to by circumstances. I have also heard tarot artists say that while they are creating various cards, those energies come strongly into their lives. 'activating an archetype' I would say.

madhavighare

Wow!

so, does this mean, that i can somehow create those energies around me deliberately? if so, thats interesting!

however, am i then interfering with what is termed as "the natural course of events"? does this have any repercussions?

can i help my clients in this way as well, if i do such a conscious choice for and with them?

Alta

I suspect that you are extrapolating far beyond what was meant. Also keep in mind that I have never experienced this myself.

madhavighare

oops...

hey, sorry if i sounded way too enthusiastic .... just dont know what to make of it...

i too have read in the tarot reversal book that mary k greer experienced similar kind of stuff. and the earlier post also mentioned that i might be making a conscious choice somewhere, somehow when i choose a particular card.

perhaps, this is something really big, perhaps not...just that i have never experienced not expected this kind of magic to occur.

tell u what, i will give this a shot a few more times in the coming few weeks, and post back.

meanwhile, any and all ideas, suggestions, opinions, thoughts are welcome. at this point i am willing to try anything :-D

celticnoodle

well madhavighare, i would say since your intent was not to change your luck in anyway, but as a way of 'cleansing' the cards and resting them, so you changing the ace to an upright one will not have any ill effect on your karma- or whatever you want to call it. but this is a true sense of your 'cards speaking to you'.

the cards and other divinatory products often have a way of speaking to it's owners & other's within their household. read here on A.T. what many folks who own fairy cards have experienced---it can be a riot what those fairy folks are up to. your experience is just one more interesting way the cards can effect us.

i hope to see more on your experiences. i find it fascinating. i do believe we have some control over our futures, and I think what you did falls into this category. I hope you continue to turn over good cards and look forward to future postings on this!

Mellifluous

I'd say that's a nice anecdote for those of us who don't like to use reversals. Perhaps you intuitively got the sense it shouldn't be reversed. lol :D

More to the point though, yes you can use the cards to focus (on) the energies they represent. That's what people do with tarot spellwork. Also, there was a thread not too long ago about pulling out your favorite cards and looking them over (one might say meditating on them) and thereby improving your mood and outlook. Same thing, in my view. I've often taken out a card on purpose that I 'want to have happen' or that I feel drawn to and propped it up somewhere where I can see it all the time. (For example, the Sun or the Star or Strength.) It does work.

However, I think the same thing can be said of any visual images or art or beautiful objects (etc.), so I wouldn't get too mystical about. Like, people put up pictures of loved ones or people they admire. That has an effect on you and the energy in your home or location. We buy or grow flowers to brighten up or soften an atmosphere (and also use them and other things for scent value). If someone makes us something beautiful we display it and are reminded of our relationship with them as well as enjoying the work itself. People try to buy attractive furnishings or surround themselves with favorite colors, buy souvenirs from trips to help you remember the experience, on and on. You can do lots of things to focus certain energies around and within yourself, to help you (remind you, prod you to) get to where you want to be, and you can definitely use tarot cards that way.

I think your intuitive and spiritual sensibilities are simply becoming enhanced, because if you think about it, at the very least, you're making connections between things and noticing more. :)

Hopefully, that made some sense. lol

madhavighare

The Sun Card

Hey!
Thanks all for your valuable inputs. i think what is happening is a combination of free will, and projecting what i want...at least thats what i think.

so a few days ago, i consciously chose the Sun card and kept it. two days of blazing hot sun - and me out of the house and in the sun. i dont know if that was coincidence or what. i even felt the heat in my body.

i dont know what, but then i immediately switched to Temperance. and went off to sleep. woke up feeling calmer and nicer.

maybe its only psychological. but i want to explore some more. will post back with some more experiments....i guess something must be going right with me after all... :-D