Striations on Lemurians

SilverCloudedWolf

A couple of weeks ago I was at a psychic and healing fayre and one of the stall holders mentioned Lemurian Seed Quartz, and that you recognised them by the horizontal striations -lines- on one or more sides of the quartz (and sometimes a pink tint to the quartz).

So when I got home I went through all my quartz points and found a lot of them had the striations. I realised then that the lines are most likely caused by the cutting of the quartz.

So how do you recognise natural striations from unnatural ones? None of them are "proper" fakes as I picked them up at various places sold as normal quartz.

Thanks,
Silver

Mi-Shell

Hi SilverCloudedWolf!
I just got such a crystal as a Medicine Gift from someone who recently was in Brazil. This crystal just Feels different. = different vibration rates you could call it. It also absorbs "heat" differently than regular crystals. I have a picture of it on the Crystal trading thread.
Cheers Mi-shell

HearthCricket

Silver~for a question like that I think I would try to contact a geologist and see if they can teach you how to recognize one from the other. You might be able to find a helpful one at a college online, from a Geology teacher, who may be very happy to share this info! The only other thing I can think of is surfing the net or checking out some books on rocks and minerals at bookstores/libraries, and see if they address this subject. I am sure a trained eye would know, so there must be some trick to figuring it out.

crystalwoman

Almost all quartz points have horizontal lines and other surface texturing on them, they are just more pronounced on Lemurians because of the way Lemurians grow. It's a natural part of their growth pattern because crystals will grow in stops-and-starts. Those lines on the surface are kind of like the growth rings in a tree. One way to tell the difference between natural striations and manufactured is to examine them with a high-strength maginifying glass. Natural striations will show a very slight stair-step pattern as the crystal gradually narrows towards the tip. Manufactured striations are just grooves cut into the crystal and when examined under a magnifying glass you would notice a frosty looking roughness in the groove that cannot me polished out perfectly. Natural striations are smooth and shiny with no frosty appearance on the top surface of the line.

CrystalTarot

This site also has information about Lemurians. The striations will be totally different to growth line, and they will appear on alternate sides,.
http://www.gemscrystals.com/4.html

SilverCloudedWolf

Sorry I've not been around!!

Thanks everyone, this is all helpful. Thanks for the links I've had a look at them and they should be useful too. I guess it's back to looking at crystals (such a hard task :D)

Silver