suicide dream?

BrightEye

This is the first memorable dream I've had in months. I don't remember much of it, but I do remember that it involved the suicide of a young man. We had been searching for him for a long time and when we finally came across the body in a remote and beautiful house (the young man had obviously been wealthy), it was already badly decomposed. Everyone could smell it from some distance away except me. I didn't see the body myself, only one of his arms as one of my companions lifted it up. It was full of maggots.

I have a feeling this young man is a part of me, but other than that the dream makes no sense to me. Any thoughts?

amethyst57

dreams usual reflect oneself in some aspect...
dreaming about suicide can be a sign of unsatisfaction in some part of your life or your business....internal brooding coming to the surface...
maybe a change of scenery,more relaxation,confiding in friends/family...

Blueangel

I would take the suicide as a change coming in your life that you would be willing to change to make a new life for yourself. By showing the man dead already it would suggest to me that you have already made a major change in your life and decided to follow through with it.

I feel you got this dream to confirm to give you confidence that you need to continue on this path and that this journey is not easy but it was your personal choice that you made in this life to follow through with.

My personal thoughts.

blueangel

Rede Seeker

A different rede

I take the fact that: you couldn't smell the decomposing body although others with you could; the body was badly decomposed; and you only saw one small part because others showed it to you - as significant. It feels like someone is trying to convince you of something that your own judgement says is not true.

Why do you think it is a suicide? Why do you think it is a man?

The evidence so far is:
(1) a remote and beautiful house
(2) a decomposing body that has been there long enough for maggots to appear
(3) you are part of a group of people who are in the house
(4) you do not smell the decomposing body but the others do
(5) you do not directly view the body but someone shows you one small part - a decomposed, maggot covered arm - arms are androgenous, what makes you think it belongs to a man?

If your intuition says this body is some aspect of yourself, then trust that intuition.

My rede is that you are being tested - either a warning of something coming your way or validation of something you are already aware of. You are not as convinced as the other members of your group that something is what it appears to be.

Netzach

A very useful way of finding out what the dream is about is to sit quietly and take yourself back into it. Then, instead of being yourself, become each of the other characters in the dream in turn - the people you were with, the dead young man . . . even the beautiful house itself. Allow each of them to tell the story from their own perspective and you should find that the meaning becomes clearer.

This is even more effective if you can do it with someone else - you taking the part of each of the characters in the dream and the other person asking you questions about it.