sun and moon - Two of Wands

jdev

Gosh - what a straight forward but deep image. also, when coupled with the Thoth keyword above the image it goes even more deeply than I thought.

Okay, we have a young man who is dressed in a perfectly balanced outfit - the colors are all completely balanced. His stance is one of weight and balance. Again, the wands are perfectly balanced in his hands.

He is facing a wall of fire. I know that fire is associated with wands. But look at the card - the fire is either blocking him in or is protecting the land he has claimed as his! Coupled with the word "dominion" it makes me think that this card in and of itself is about protecting what is his. Whereas if I page through my mental catalogue and look at the two of wands in the RWS, it shows a man setting *out* on a journey - wanting to get started and having a wide open landscape (or sea) in front of him.

Our hero in the S&M (hoo boy!) feels to me as if he has put a wall of fire up in between himself and others to protect what is his -be it emotional, mental, spiritual, or material. This is the complete opposite of the RWS meaning - one of venturing out. I see him as being walled in.

Why he's done it? I'm not sure. His perfectly balanced attire, wands, and stance (even down to his dreadlocks - three of them - two on each side and one down the middle to balance) say to me he is strong and knows what he's doing and is sure of himself. But it also says he is on the defensive.

Let's discuss...

Love and Hers,
Jagadeesh

Attachments

• two and four of wands.jpg
    two and four of wands.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 854

Pam O

It's interesting to me that the person is holding the 2 wands, one in each hand. This varies from the "traditional" picture where the wands are attached to the stone wall. In the standard RWS clones, the person is contemplating the choices and not moving forward yet.

In this case, the person is ready to move forward with their 2 wands, one in each hand. And, yes they are evenly balanced. They have passed the "think about which way to go" stage, and they seem to have chosen their path, right toward the flames. As I type this, it reminds me of where people walk on hot coals...

Sulis

Pam O said:
It's interesting to me that the person is holdsthe 2 wands, one in each hand. This varies from the "traditional" picture where the wands are attached to the stone wall. In the standard RWS clones, the person is contemplating the choices and not moving forward yet.

Hi Pam,

This deck is based on Thoth so that may be why you're not getting similar imagery to 'standard RWS clones'.

jdev

Sulis said:
Hi Pam,

This deck is based on Thoth so that may be why you're not getting similar imagery to 'standard RWS clones'.

As I understood the review here on AT (I forget who did it) it is a very nice (in my unlearned opinion it is perfect!) amalgamation of Thoth, RWS, and Vanessa's own symbolism. I find that I agree with that, but I find also that in the case of this card the influence is definitely more Thoth than RWS.

jdev

Yes! It is interesting! He looks as if he is ready to do battle. He is waiting for the enemy to crest the horizon and get his fight on. That's what I'm seeing. I wonder since the Thoth influence is so strong in this card if we will happen upon another card in the deck that supports the RWS traditional meaning of "embarking on an enterprise"...

Pam O said:
It's interesting to me that the person is holding the 2 wands, one in each hand. This varies from the "traditional" picture where the wands are attached to the stone wall. In the standard RWS clones, the person is contemplating the choices and not moving forward yet.

In this case, the person is ready to move forward with their 2 wands, one in each hand. And, yes they are evenly balanced. They have passed the "think about which way to go" stage, and they seem to have chosen their path, right toward the flames. As I type this, it reminds me of where people walk on hot coals...

Pam O

Sulis said:
Hi Pam,

Hi Sulis, I agree there's lots of Thoth in these cards. There is a quite a bit of RWS symbolism interchanged with the Thoth which makes it very interesting. Personally, this is a great starting point to start exploring the Thoth with this deck since it's such a mix!

I have been pulling out my Thoth deck with this deck. A whole new world for me, one I've been wanting to understand for a while...

Simple

I think of it as he's ready to face whatever in front of him with no fear?