Sylvanius and Himself

WhiteRaven

As some of the members here know, my Grandmother has passed away this afternoon. Last night, I pulled a few cards from the Faeries Oracle...asking what I could expect in regards to her health in the next week. Now, there are a few that I do not understand.....but I thought I would share with you what I understood from one of the cards that I pulled.

Sylvanius was the third out of four cards I pulled. And I find that the Faery with the mask in his hands seems to be "Himself". There is such a close resemblance .....and I thought about this....and "Himself" stands at the veil...the passage from this world to the next....and then I thought...well...in the card "Sylvanius".....he stands and lifts the mask....lifts the physical body so that the soul may shine....allowing the soul to freely pass the veil.

The first card was the "Sage"....and I look at that card and see Father time....and the ending of seasons....and beginning of another...

I thought that perhaps those that are studying this beautiful Oracle would find this interesting....and see just how the Faeries can be so very gentle...but convey the message just the same.

Chronata

Oh Jo Ann...
I am truly sorry to hear of your Grandmothers passing.
My strength and blessings go out to you in this time of grieving.

I love the way you noted the connection between Sylvnius and Himself.
I like that thought of Himself there at the veil, and the "truth" of that mask that Sylvanius holds..

and the Sage as the passage of time, seasons ans the death/rebirth of all things.

Such wonderful gifts...and poetic experiences that the fae bring.
Thanks for this post. It gives me new wonders to reflect on.

Peace and healing energy to you.
~Robyn

sagewriter

it's odd. but i swear i read somehwere that Sylvanius is to become Himself, and Himself is to become the Sage. But whenever I read the book I cannot find this information anywhere, so I do ont know where I got it from!

I swear my mind (or the faeries) is playing tricks on me!

WhiteRaven

sagewriter said:
it's odd. but i swear i read somehwere that Sylvanius is to become Himself, and Himself is to become the Sage. But whenever I read the book I cannot find this information anywhere, so I do ont know where I got it from!

I swear my mind (or the faeries) is playing tricks on me!

I don't remember reading it in the book that comes with the Oracle and I don't have the other book by Brian Froud...however, I think I read something about Sylvanius and Himself in one of the threads here in the study group...maybe that's where you read it.

sagewriter

hmm, that's quite possible!