Tarocchi Celtici Card 68 Frassino: Nion

Mi-Shell

Card 68 Frassino: Nion = Ash Tree
In the Ogham Nion- or rather Nuin is the Ash Tree and is seen as the Tree, that links our inner world with the outer world in which we live. (I have the feeling a little spelling error crept into the printer's notes and Nuin became Nion – in the book and on the 4 Ash Tree Ogham cards :( )
The image again shows the Tree in the centre and 2 Wind Spirits with blowing hair are resting and with relaxed body posture, which reminds me of the RWS 4 of Swords – the card, who's equivalent we are looking at.
One of these Otherworlds is sitting on the fence of the small enclosure that sets the Tree apart.
Another whole scene is in the upper part of the card: Within a wooden dish or bowl – probably made from Ash wood as well - a Water Nymph is lounging next to a spoon and bottle with – what I decided should be medicine – cough syrup comes to mind....
Ash is the World Tree to the Norse people and Yggdrasil was said to be an Ash Tree.
Ash is the ultimate wood for making all kinds of projects out of: Hard and durable, but easy to split into logs for building homes and furniture as well as fences like the one seen here on the card.

Attachments

• 68 Winter Water.jpg
    68 Winter Water.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 100