tarot/astrological correspondence hanged man

star-lover

hanged man is neptune

so how comes the *fantasy* part of neptune astrologically is not seen in interpretations for the hanged man

dont think i have come across that side

also what about compassion and helping others - neptune theme - not seen that correlation with hanged man either

jmd

If one decides that a correlation between the Hanged Man and Neptune is going to be superimposed, then of course one is then also free to add those additional neptunian qualities.

Personally, I prefer to look at the card in isolation of presumed astrological correlations - or, at times, allow for various correlations to be forthcoming.

For example, the Hanged Man, has hanging mid-point between the two poles, can represent the equinoxes, and hence the cusps of Pisces-Aries and Virgo-Libra.

BrightEye

This is probably a silly analogy, but when I read this post I had to think Holst's The Planets. Neptune there is called 'the Mystic'. I think that fits the Hanged Man quite well. Is he not supposed to be on a kind of otherworld journey to seek enlightenment? Odin hanging from the world tree? Neptune was long believed to be the last planet of the solar system (when Holst was writing his music at least), the planet closest to the abyss, the vastness of the universe. Holst's piece also has very strange unearthly voices in it because the Mystice stands between the worlds.

star-lover

jmd said:
If one decides that a correlation between the Hanged Man and Neptune is going to be superimposed, then of course one is then also free to add those additional neptunian qualities.

Personally, I prefer to look at the card in isolation of presumed astrological correlations - or, at times, allow for various correlations to be forthcoming.

For example, the Hanged Man, has hanging mid-point between the two poles, can represent the equinoxes, and hence the cusps of Pisces-Aries and Virgo-Libra.

exactly IF IF IF there is a correlation
who decided these things anyway
seems too neat and quickly drawn up
but who am i to judge years of past wisdom
i just dont think the tarot and astrology are a neat package intertwined in those interpretations of correlation as de facto

one i have difficulty with amongst others is aries is the emperor erm no
i would think the emperor was more capricorn and aries is the fool
could speculate till kingdom come

thanks brighteye - i know what you mean - and yes neptune is the mystic - central theme that

i love holst brilliant

jmo

Grigori

star-lover said:
hanged man is neptune

so how comes the *fantasy* part of neptune astrologically is not seen in interpretations for the hanged man

dont think i have come across that side

also what about compassion and helping others - neptune theme - not seen that correlation with hanged man either

I think the *fantasy* part of Neptune is seen in the hanged man. But I think of the Hanged Man as Neptune so I would :D Also Neptune rules Pisces, so the theme of fantasy is stong in The Moon card, more than The Hanged Man (to me at least)