Tarot Babies!

nisaba

A friend of mine just had grandbabies in the last 48 hours, identical twin girls, both healthy! Hooray! I've only just heard. Her son isn't Tarotically inclined at all at least not that anyone's noticed - but he's named them Stella (Latin for "Star") and Astrid (Greek for "Star"), and he's asked Grandmum, my friend, to do a huge painting of the Star card to hang over each cot. She's priming canvasses and mixing paints as we speak. One of the little girls will get the Osho Zen, one of Grandmum's two reading-decks, and the other one will get the Robin Wood, Grand-dad's favourite deck.

I'm trying to imagine them huge, and on a baby-room wall.

Does anyone else have stories about babies named after Tarotly stuff, or given Tarotly birth-presents?

_________
We're *Surveyors*, ma'am. Mere fences do not keep us out.

Libra8ca

I love those names Nisaba! They go really well together; however I always associated Astrid with Sweden.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrid
They are going to have a really stylish and classy room with those paintings! They're very lucky. What a lovely idea; never heard of anyone doing something like this before.
My mother tells me that when I was born the first thing my grandparents wanted to know was the time so that they could cast a horoscope.... :D

nisaba

Libra8ca said:
They are going to have a really stylish and classy room with those paintings! They're very lucky. What a lovely idea; never heard of anyone doing something like this before.
My mother tells me that when I was born the first thing my grandparents wanted to know was the time so that they could cast a horoscope.... :D
<cackle> Do you still have it?

Eighteen and a half years ago, our very own Arwen Lynch raised a horoscope for my daughter at news of her birth, which the kid still keeps.

Libra8ca

nisaba said:
<cackle> Do you still have it?

Yes of course! Their interpretation even proved to be quite accurate despite the fact that there is an error in it. But I forgive them, it was drawn by hand as there were no computers back then....