Tarot Books with Cards

Cerulean

Some tarot books/journals come out with punchout cards or card samples. Here's a sample list:

Fronteras, Adam, Instant Tarot Reader (?) Looks like pop-up style book with color pages and modern style cards, not the mustard back Rider Waite...I think it shows 78 majors...on Amazon.com.

Colin, Didier, Tarot: Reading the Future. 22 Mini-Marseilles variant deck is about 2 inch by 5.5 inch. I don't know if it's an authentic deck.

Tarot Nova Journal, tiny 78 cards, modern

Haitch, Elizabeth, 22 cards similar to Oswald Wirth, but bright, florescent pink and turquoise, flat colors and gold trim.

Tarot of the Magicians, French version with 22 gold colored cards and Oswald Wirth's designs. Slightly darker and just feels richer than the Haitch paperback

Card Samples
Pictorial Archive of Playing Cards--4-6 samples of a recolored Charles VI, Tarot de Paris, etc.

Jeannette

The Amazing Fortune-Telling Book (out-of-print): Punch-out animal-themed major arcana cards.

Poslednja Ljubav Tarot: 22 color cut-out cards included with the Serbian edition of a tarot-themed (?) story. I understand that black-and-white versions of these cards are included in an English edition, known as "Last Love in Constantinople," but I haven't confirmed this.

Tarot Lekarz Duzsy: Polish tarot book with 22 cut-out cards. The title translates roughly, I believe, as "Soul-Healing Tarot." The cards appear to have been early versions of what became the major arcana cards of the Tarot Terapia Slowem ("Instant Therapy Tarot"?).

Tarot d'Or (original edition): Now revised and available in a standard boxed-card format, the (an?) original edition of Ms. Balle's Tarot d'Or was published as a book insert on 11 sheets with 2 cards apiece.

Sailor Moon Tarot: Although Sailor Moon is a Japanese cartoon, these cards were included in a special-edition German magazine about the show. Majors only, 4 punchout cards to a sheet (2 extras). Also included a punchout box which could be folded an glued at the cornerpoints.

Cracked Tarot Cards: Humorous parody cutout cards included in a special issue of the now-defunct American humor magazine Cracked. In addition to the major arcana, the full suit of Cups, and 7 miscellaneous cartomantically-themed cards were included.

Tarots Cosmo: Major arcana punchout cards included with a special "sex" issue of the French edition of Cosmopolitan magazine. (WARNING: the samples include sexually explicit imagery.)

I'm sure there's lots more. Thanks for introducing the topic, Mari. It's an interesting subgenre for tarot collectors.

-- Jeannette
http://www.tarotgarden.com

Maan

I have one to add
The amazing fortune telling cards by kipling west
( one of my little favo's )

Astraea

There's a new book out on the Osho Zen Tarot which has miniature punch-out majors in the back (quite well done).

Edited to say that the book purports to have been written by Osho, so it is presumably either posthumous or channeled.

Silverlotus

Astraea said:
There's a new book out on the Osho Zen Tarot which has miniature punch-out majors in the back (quite well done).

Would you happen to know the title of this book, or the ISBN? I'm just curious. :)

Gerbear

The Linde Famira Tarot is included in a German book titled;
Tarot for Business. There are 78 cards, approximately 1 1/2 inches
by 2 3/4 inches each.

Astraea

Osho Zen Tarot Book

Silverlotus, the book is entitled Tarot in the Spirit of Zen: The Game of Life. The ISBN number is 0312317670. I haven't had a chance to do more than glance at the text, but the card quality on the tiny punch-out majors is nice and I can carry them with me in a little I Ching coin-type bag.

shy1433

I bought the art of tarot book it came with a 78 card full size tarot deck.

shy

Aulruna

Very interesting topic ... can add a few:

The Wise Gal Tarot by Jane Burns and Dane Gottlieb has 78 punch-out cards.

Winckelmann's Tarot der Eingeweihten comes either with a sheet of uncut Majors, or with loose cards in an envelope that's glued into the book.

And then there's a Tarot Journal that comes with a medium-sized version of the Nova as punch-out (smaller than the normal deck, but much bigger than the isty-bitsy.)

Morwenna