Tarot-circles

Bloudwedd

If my tarot-course falls out well and I can find enough interested people I would love to create a tarot-circle in the area I live. Not as much a course, but a place and time where tarot readers can meet and chat about thir favorite subjcet: TAROT!

But really, since I have not been in one myself before I dont have a clue what a successful circle should bring to the table! Should it be a place to just practice readings on openminded people? Contain exercises? What kind? Talks about special techniques or decks etc one member at a time prepares? Really, I have no clue! What do you guys do at your tarot-meetings??????

Astraea Aurora

There is a rather loose tarot meet-up every two months or so that I attend and it's a really great opportunity to meet other people who are also interested in tarot. Usually we meet in a cafe or restaurant and bring along decks we favor or work with at the moment. Not just tarot decks but oracles and interesting books as well. It's a nice opportunity to see some other decks face to face that are new to you and see how you like them. Some decks of mine I bought after these meet-ups because seeing them "live" convinced me.

We don't do exercises but from time to time one or two people have some pressing questions. Then one of us gets out his deck and does a reading for them. The others follow and give additional interpretations but otherwise take a backseat. I find it's always interesting to see other reader's reading styles.

And we talk tarot and cartomancy a lot.

Astraea Aurora :grin: