Tarot Dreams (or parenting with Tarot) 2nd try

westsidegirlygirl

A week or two ago, I was going through a deck of tarot cards before bed and my three year old asked me what I was doing. I told him I was looking for a dream for him, and he could help me pick one. I don't remember which card he ended up with, because he kept changing his mind and trading in his "dream" for another one.

He asked me again last night if he could pick out his dream! I happily obliged and let him look through the cards. One has a picture of a carnival at night, I gave him that one, but when he saw the Ace of Cups he said - "no, go back, I want that one, that one!"

He looked at it, gave it back to me, then lay down and went to sleep.

What a cool kid!

Sulis

And what a cool mum :)

That's a lovely story westsidegirlygirl, I think I may try that with my daughter, I think she'd really like doing that :)

Crowqueen

:) That's really sweet. It also encourages your kid to dream too. That he is so aware of things at 3 makes me think he must be "older" than he looks!

Any feedback from him?

westsidegirlygirl

I ask him about his dreams, and sometimes he'll say something like "a cat" or something that was featured in his dream, but I can't get too much detail from him.

This morning I asked him if he had dreams and he nodded yes. I asked him if they were happy dreams and he shook his head no. I asked "were they sad dreams?" and he nodded yes, but he wouldn't talk about it.

It's hard to get feedback because he's groggy when he first wakes up, and after he's been awake, the dreams, I imagine, have faded (it's impossible to clarify, though, because you can't tell if he dreamed something or if he is making it up in the moment, as he does throughout the day with his imagaination-play).

This morning, though, he kept hugging me, so I think he did have sad dreams. Last night he fell asleep on the couch, so we didn't do the cards.

Sulis

The Ace of Cups - an outpouring of emotion - I can see how maybe that could have given him sad dreams.

Sounds like his dream made him want to cuddle his mum - that could've been the influence of the Ace of Cups too.

calligirl

How sweet, to share something like that. My budding artist daughter wants to draw her own...

Celcius

calligirl said:
How sweet, to share something like that. My budding artist daughter wants to draw her own...

Let her... Of course you know we would love to see that deck.. A mother daughter tarot team, awesome.