tarot ethics and stock market

Kimon

Hello,
in respect to whether stock market prediction work or not, I think they work (just did it once and it did, so I suppose it would work some times more too). But I also am sure that it will be an excellent way of spoiling our own ability to read the cards. To take the Honda example; we can go quite a long way offroad, but the car will be ruined very quickly, without repair. Or, in another way, I think the cards themselves always work, for stocks, for loves or for stupidities. But we ourselves lose our ability to understand them the more we get caught by the superficialities of the world, like money. We can only work with spiritual instruments if we ourselves stay spiritual.
As to the fortune-telling label; yes, I agree, that we are no fortune-tellers (just have some parts of their business in our own). I always tell people, that I am a tarot reader, not a seer/vident/skryer (how do you say?).
But in the end, who is it that gives the name? We ourselves or the others? And does it in reality really matter? I think it is very, very hard to separate the healing from the medicine, to give an example. They both work as one; healing being the real tarot, medicine being the prediction. There is no prediction, in the same way that there is no medicine, because in depth its all healing. I dont know if I am able to explain what I mean...:)
Greetings,
Kimon

Something doesnt work with the answering function, so I put is as new.

daisy

do you interpret money issues as superficial? I live in New York and you can't live here, on your own, at a humane standard w/o at least a few thousand/month. If I am having "money problems," there is no way that I can achieve the peace of mind that will give me a "spiritual" outlook on life.

Kimon

Hello,
I think you know what I mean.
Having two legs is something like money.
If you lose them life still goes on.
Life is the shapeless interior of a material form that has a superficial surface.
By the way: Dont tell me about the value of money, because I am having one of the hardest times of my life right now due to money problems. :)
Greetings,
Kimon

nexyjo

as i recall, the original question regarded the ethics of using the tarot for stock market predictions. my response addressed that question - it is unethical, because positioning ones self as being able to predict the future is lying. can one analyze trends? of course, that's what the tarot does. in the case of the stock market, i added that using the tarot as the basis for investing money amounts to using a pen to hammer a nail in the wall - it's the wrong tool. you'd be better off using the newspapers and market trends themselves.

this thread adds an additional issue - money and spirituality. as a wiccan, i sometimes cast spells. and i don't think i know any wiccans who have never cast a money spell. spirituality covers all aspects of life, money not withstanding. it true that one cannot "buy" spirituality, but there's nothing different about money from any other aspect of our lives that makes it somehow wrong to address it from a spiritual perspective. remember, it is those religions that "bought" into this idea that weild the most power.

just thought i'd add my two cents...

luv and light,
nexy

purplelady

Quote:daisy (02 Sep, 2001 03:27):
do you interpret money issues as superficial? I live in New York and you can't live here, on your own, at a humane standard w/o at least a few thousand/month. If I am having "money problems," there is no way that I can achieve the peace of mind that will give me a "spiritual" outlook on life.

Hey , I totally understand where you're coming from . I'm in Denver and believe it or not , it is almost as bad as N.y.and fast becoming that way I'm afraid.Housing is the biggie problum as I see it.And I can definitely tell you about worrying about housing and money so much that it eats into your peace of mind. I think it's too bad the world has to be this way , I really do . But , A Lot of us need more money . Need. So should we read the cards about the stock market for All the people who need money? Would it be fair to read for one person and not all people? If I were you , I would learn to read your own cards ,then you can try and read for the stock market and anything else you desire , and hey , you can learn to cast a few money spells too! 8) :) .

truthsayer

most things necessary for survival in this world requires an exchange of energy. we provide an energy source for an employer who in return rewards us w/ an energy source to compensate us for our time. we don't have to work for money. we can perform a service in kind for room and board or other things. doing things for our significant others is an energy exchange b/c (hopefully) our SO is the type who will do things in exchange of energy for us. if our SO doesn't echange energy w/ us then our energy resources become depleted and we have less and less to give. if i feed my cats and keep them generally happy, they will exchange energy w/ me in terms of spending quality time w/ me purring or playing instead of ignoring me which is a negative energy exchange. :D what's the difference w/ money? we use money in exchange for food, shelter, clothing and other life essentials. money in itself isn't evil. it's the interpretation and uses of its owner that creates negativity and evil. i don't know if using tarot to invest in the stock market is necessarily wrong but it would depend on the reasons it's imp to expend the energy for a risky venture in which you may lose instead of gain energy. as i told my husband when he wanted me to tell him lucky lottery plays when this is not an energy exchange i understand so i can't predict it. why should i risk our "combined energy" in the bank for risky ventures? ;D personally, i see earning an in kind favor or money in exchange for a tarot reading keeps the energy exchange balances equal. thus ends my sermon on money. :p :cool: