Tarot for self discovery - Time Space experiment

SilentBreeze

So there is an exercise in the book Tarot for Self Discovery, called time/ space experiment, and over the past week I have been in the process of trying it. And I am wondering if anyone else has the book or tried this exercise and what their results were.

If you don't have the book basically the exercise involves picking a card everyday for a week from a deck, without looking at what it is. At the end you then read the cards in 3 different speeds: looking at every card quickly and turning it over, looking at all the cards together, and looking at each card per day.

I've had some interesting results, and I will post them probably in another post on this thread since I don't want to give away the results for people who want to try it. So for now I guess I wonder if anyone has tried it, and maybe others can post up their results and later I can post up what I came up with.

SilentBreeze

Results

No replies. I guess no one's heard of the exercise.

Any way these are my results so far. The really fast reading, I assume based on the outcome, reads for something that's in the way distant future. Well at least it picked up on concerns I have for the future. The medium speed one was the more immediate future. And the daily ones are extremely accurate for everything that happens each day.

I wonder why that happens.

satinangel

Your results sound fascinating. I too, wonder if anyone else has tried this and what their feelings are about the excersize?

KSPisces

This sounds really intriguing... I'll have to try this!

hunter

I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Sounds interesting. I'm always interested in self discovery activities. I just don't get it.

SilentBreeze

hunter said:
I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Sounds interesting. I'm always interested in self discovery activities. I just don't get it.

I tried to condense the exercise as much as possible. In the book it has a two page long explanation.

So the first thing you do is for a week, each day you pick a tarot card for the day but don't look at what you get. When you've collected all of the cards you want to work with (I did it for 5 days), then you flip each card over and look at it for a second and then turn it over. and do that to all the cards. Then figure out what you think it means, or what images stuck. The second thing you do is put all the cards out in a circle, and read them that way. Then the third thing is every day for the next week you look at a different card for the whole day. Hope that's more clear and decondensed a bit.

And in the book, at the end it really give no explanation on what supposed to happen or why. It just says try it out, and compare results with friends, and that you will be surprised at the results. Which is what happened to me, but I wonder if its the same for everyone who tries it.