tarot of Reflections - study group anyone??

sunflowr

To any of you who own/use Tarot of Reflections.. would you be interested in a study group? I just received this deck today and I love the art! However I am puzzled by a few cards and I hope a study group can help me as well as others who use or will use this deck.

So who's in? :)

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/reflections/index.shtml

Metafizzypop

I just got this deck. I'm surprised there wasn't a study group on it already. I would like to see one, too. But maybe it's too late for that. The deck's been out a couple of years and the thrill of the new might have passed.

Onyx

Metafizzypop said:
I just got this deck. I'm surprised there wasn't a study group on it already. I would like to see one, too. But maybe it's too late for that. The deck's been out a couple of years and the thrill of the new might have passed.

I think that you may be right about the novelty of the deck has worn off but I still really like the deck and it is one of my main reading decks.

The art on the cards can be a bit hit or miss at times but the deck as a whole as a very cool atmosphere to it. I will never forget the night I first got it. Housesitting for my folks who live a bit outside the city limits it was kinda dark and I was flipping through the cards and I turned over The Devil and got a little freaked out. I had to turn on some lights.

This is a deck I simply use more than I study. Sometimes I think about giving the deck more directed study time. I have questions about the use of the reflections and some of the symbolism in the deck but I am rarely compelled to get out my study materials to just examine the deck.

I would be curious to see how many people actually use the deck.

Onyx.

nikajka

That would be nice and useful to have study group. I just bought this deck and I really like it. But I am little bit confused about some cards...

I hope it is not late to start the group. I am affraid that nobody really use it now...

ThatSinkingFeeling

I know this thread is really old, but I was hoping to get some traction.

I just obtained a copy of this deck, and it didn't come with a LWB. I was hoping to talk with people and better learn the flow of this deck.

Thoughts?

seedcake

I'm using it kinda regularly. I know that some people are reading with it but I'm afraid there's not many to embrace this deck more daily.

Metafizzypop

I know this thread is really old, but I was hoping to get some traction.

I just obtained a copy of this deck, and it didn't come with a LWB. I was hoping to talk with people and better learn the flow of this deck.

Thoughts?

You're lucky you didn't get the LWB. To me, the LWB that comes with this deck should win the award for The Most Incomprehensible LWB of All Time.

I tend to use my LWBs. If I get stuck on a card, it's a handy reference. But with this LWB, after I look up the meaning, I'm more confused than I was before. The descriptions make virtually no sense. I don't use it much because it gives me a headache.

If you bought the deck second-hand, the reason there's no LWB is probably because the previous owner set it on fire.

seedcake

You're lucky you didn't get the LWB. To me, the LWB that comes with this deck should win the award for The Most Incomprehensible LWB of All Time.

I tend to use my LWBs. If I get stuck on a card, it's a handy reference. But with this LWB, after I look up the meaning, I'm more confused than I was before. The descriptions make virtually no sense. I don't use it much because it gives me a headache.

If you bought the deck second-hand, the reason there's no LWB is probably because the previous owner set it on fire.

I'm not using it at all, to be honest. I was only checking when it was about two Sword cards - 4 and 7. They have this huge twist, they're so different than RWS meaning. But still, I like it.