Tarot of the Crone - do I need the book?

journeyinghome

I've very recently acquired this lovely deck - from an also lovely friend - and I wondered if I should seek out the companion book? (Not that that will be easy, I'm sure!) I do have the app, but I'm curious to know if the book has any info that the app doesn't. Also, I think there was a PDF available from Tarot Connections in the past but obviously that isn't available anymore.

Thanks in advance for thoughts/comments :)

starlightexp

I've very recently acquired this lovely deck - from an also lovely friend - and I wondered if I should seek out the companion book? (Not that that will be easy, I'm sure!) I do have the app, but I'm curious to know if the book has any info that the app doesn't. Also, I think there was a PDF available from Tarot Connections in the past but obviously that isn't available anymore.

Thanks in advance for thoughts/comments :)

Hands down one of the most amazing decks I own. The depth of emotion that set of cards brings out to me is beyond words. I haven't checked out the app yet but the book was indeed a necessity to getting the deeper meanings of the cards.

teawoman

Ellen asked on Facebook recently whether anyone would be interested in a reprint of the Crone.
There were many enthusiastic replies in the affirmative! Perhaps the book might be reissued as well? Just a hopeful thought - I don't have either deck or book and would love to acquire both!

lark

I just have the pdf file printed out, but I'd say it's essential for understanding the deck.
They used to sell the book on Amazon...you might find it from a second seller there.

Kissa

Many moons ago, I printed all the info from the website Croneways and "made" my own book about this amazing deck.
The app gives a lot of info as well. I do not own the book so I don't know what more it can give you.
I remember there are old threads about the same subject.
And there was this Yahoo group about her deck where Ellen posted very actively.

Enjoy your Crone, this deck is so special!