Tarot of the Origins: The Fool

Mi-Shell

Tarot of the Origins: The Fool
On this card the Fool is laughing.
At us and maybe also at himself. At the human condition and all its facetts
Hi face is blue – for me the color of truth, his hair brown and looking somehow like wood – reminding me of Earth and the Tree of life. His bone necklace - he may wear it in honor of the Ancestors – maybe it is made up of a few bones of his own father and or mother -
It may also contain bones of several big game Animals he helped hunt down – probably also a bone from his very first kill....
On his head he sports a huuuuuge egg, its shell showing signs of cracking.
The potential of life can be- contained as of now....

In Greman speaking countries there is a saying:
Der hat ein Ei auf dem Dach”
= He has an egg on his head = he is a bit crazy.
And another one is : Der hat einen Vogel”
He has a Bird (in his brain) = meaning pretty much the same.
So who is our Fool?
Is he the one, who, as a small child, had a head wound, got a very nasty fever but miraculously survived. But then he just never was “quite the same” as everyone else.... Too loud and boisterous to take out, hunting fickle Horses or Deer, but bold and crazy enough to stand before a Rhino or Mammoth, spear in hand, when everyone else already ran for cover?
Is he the one that does not fear the wrath of the big clan chief, just laughs, when the one roars orders through camp?
Is he the one, living apart from everyone else, in an abandoned Bear's den instead of with everyone else?
Is he the one, that took that small Wolf pub, fed it and raised it to be a 4 legged companion instead of clobbering it for its soft pelt?
Is he the one who, singing a rowdy song, scratched the "wheel and sticks box" (see Chariot card) into the wall of the cave?
The egg on his head: What will it hatch?
Duck for dinner
or golden Goose for genius?

Attachments

• 00-Major-Fool.jpg
    00-Major-Fool.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 97

Hemera

Thank you Mi-Shell. This was really beautiful! This has helped me see this card with new eyes. I have never understood this card very well and I' ve felt it' s a bit scary.