Tarot of the Secret Forest-The Lovers

Genna

On the coulored side I see a very polite male fairy,correctly dresssed in black,holding a female fairy with gorgeous red wings as if he is helping her down from something,teaching her to fly,or perhaps they are dancing togeather.She looks shyly down,while he gazes at her.Perhaps she´s feeling faint.I see a lot of support coming from the male fairy.
On the b-w side she looks more forceful.The background is very different,with what looks like branches with berries on them.The pair looks more equal in strength.It´s a less romantic,less graceful picture.Any thoughts on this?

greenbeans

Ok, I am reviving an old thread, and I doubt anyone will reply! But anyway, here goes.

Like Genna, I love her red wings. Red is such an important colour in expressing female sexuality- just think of little red riding hood, that fairy tale about red shoes....It is also reflected in the smudgy red blossom on the lower corner. The male faery is looking admiringly at her. The red wings are huge, as if expressing the all encompassing nature of new love.I see the coloured side as representing the time when love is new. Then it is often driven by the male admiration of female beauty...and both of them are carried away by the fires of passion...life seems to be totally altered by this new emotion...Tender, lovely and blooming.

On the b/w side the situation is somewhat different- it is hard to tell how the faerys relate to each other, are they embracing or fighting? and there are no buds, just black fruits.

The b/w side may show:

:love:later in the relationship, when the flames aren't quite so all encompassing, and passions may wane. We could see this as 'reason' kicking in...but is the 'altered reality' of new lovers any less valid? Of course the relationship may bear 'fruit.' This may be sweet or sour...as when couples stay together but just bicker!

:love:Or, the b/w side could show the time before we meet our true love- we dream of them, but cannot see their face....we imagine the ideal of love, without the details...

:love: Or how when we think of a past or absent lover, we realise we can no longer remember exactly how they look, although we still feel strongly...

Thoughts?

Hemera

The lady is a butterfly from the sunny realms and the dark male looks more like a moth from the worlds of darkness and gloom. They have just found each other, maybe by accident, when the other one was just going to sleep and the other one was only waking up.
There is a choice here (like in the trad. interpretation of the Lovers)-Where will these Lovers now go, towards the Day or into the Night? Which one of the faeries will have to adjust? Do they have a future together? Maybe they will learn to live understanding each other´s needs and enjoying the best of both worlds?

The b/w side looks more like the lady butterfly is forcing the poor little male moth into a dance. But the fruits are there, so it´s all...well..er.. fruitful. Maybe this is just a more modern "feminist" version of the same story? The Butterfly Lady knows what she wants and she goes out and takes it,too ;)

The Butterfly is an ancient symbol of the Goddess of Transformation.So maybe we also have the Goddess and God here? Joining forces and dancing together.

Skimo

About the b/w side, I feel more like the White fairy try to prevent the black one from falling. She looks carefull about him.