Tarot readings for my Steel Magnolias

Sister Moon

When I left my first husband, there was a 'band of angels' for me...my very dear friends. They saw and knew more than I did until I pulled my head out of the sand. Now with my second husband (I am a positive believer), we are caravanning around Australia. Shortly I will be back in Perth, West Aust area to visit family and friends. My Steel Magnolias asked if I could do a Tarot party for them (6 in number). So we'd have cake, coffee/wine, and Tarot. Because I am new to Tarot and loving what I am learning, I really would welcome suggestions as to which spreads to do and in which order. Thank you everyone for any and all suggestions. Love and Light to all.

tarotbear

Dear Sister Moon ~

There are many threads of suggestions, but the best thing I can tell you is that if you are still 'new' to tarot that you can find yourself feeling overwhelmed very easily - even if you are having fun! So - keep it simple! No 25-card readings for each person! Remember - if you do a bunch of 3-card readings and they have more questions - you can always do another 3-card reading for them.

Word of caution ~ NO WINE GLASSES on the Tarot table! Not unless you want a deck that reeks of alcohol if there are spills~! Keep it light and fun and all will enjoy it! And you'll gain experience in 'group reading' so you can always do another one for others in the future.

GOOD LUCK and have a great time! :party:

Sister Moon

Tarot readings for my steel magnolias

Dear tarotbear...thank you for your wise thoughts. I was originally thinking of Celtic Cross and another spread (not sure which one - nor in which order). As for the wine spillage...good point....hadn't thought of that. As much as I enjoy the drop, I don't want my cards recking with it! I'm enjoying the Tarot and always enjoying the wine but must be careful. :) (And how do you get the smilely faces where you want them within a post?) My first deck was Rider-Waite. Just today have received in the post/mail my Paulina Tarot which was purchased/bought not only for what I consider beautiful but because it is Rider-Waite clone which I'm thinking will be my main stay. Paulina Tarot just grasped me....somewhere....and then I thought..back in 1998 I did a trip back to US to visit family and friends in home state of New Jersey; also did my first and only quick trip down to French Quarter in New Orleans. It was there that I did a bit of people watching. And a thought came to me while I looked and watched...'what makes you think that what you feel..what you believe....what you were brought up with.... is what is good and fits everyone else? Thank you again, tarotbear.
Love and Light
Sister Moon

Carla

Celtic Cross is a big spread; if you're doing several back to back you may be amazed how tiring it is just to do 3-card spreads, let alone CC. I think the 3-card spread is a good starting point. :) Can't wait to hear about how it went!

newlillith

Just popping in to say Paulina Tarot is my main deck and I love it. Your steel magnolias will enjoy its beauty too! Sounds like great fun, have a blast!