Tarot Readings in Hospital

jantigercat

Hello all!

A co-worker spilled the beans that I am learning to read the tarot and before I knew it a lot of my co-workers in the hospital where I work (I am a registered nurse), have asked me if I can do tarot readings to while we are in the hospital (after our shift).

I would like to know if it's a big no-no to do tarot readings in a hospital? Would the negative energy abound in the hospital cause much trouble?

Thanks! :)

Jan

214red

i think it depends how you read, if your reading psychically then you might need to clear the room beforehand but you would need to test the environment and see if it sits well for you.

to be honest, nothing is a big no no to me in tarot, its whatever suits you

Alta

I would suggest that you ask the floor supervisor before you start though.

Alta

Apollonia

I agree with 214red that you would want to clear and seal the space before you do the readings, if you work psychically, because, as you probably aleady know, spaces within a hospital often contain stray energies, plus split-off astral bits from people who have passed on.

If you don't open up psychically when you read, then no big deal, any more than reading a book aloud to a friend in the same space would be.

214red

i just thought also that you might want to make sure your out of sight of the patients as i know there has been a few big debates about religion in hospitals (a nurse got fired for offering to pray for a patient etc)

nisaba

jantigercat said:
I would like to know if it's a big no-no to do tarot readings in a hospital? Would the negative energy abound in the hospital cause much trouble?
I've done a few readings in the cafeteria of a local hospital. This Cafe is open not just to staff and patients but also to the public: they have big picture-windows with nice views and excellent, above-average food and coffee. They also don't sell fizzy, sugar/caffeine-based drinks, which immediately improves the energy of any foodery.

The hospital itself has Card 13 stalking through the corridors (I've spent a lot of time in a particular corridor which links the ICU, the palliative care and the coronary unit because of family members or Significant Others, and Card 13 is palpable in the air of that corridor particularly and almost visible at times); but the cafe, physically attached to the hospital, has a light, airy, positive energy to it, and I've done beautiful readings there.

I'd never even *dream* of unwrapping a poor, defenceless deck in that particular corridor <shudder>.

jantigercat

In our hospital we a have a common dinning area for employees and patients and I think it would be a good idea to do my readings there. Well, I am assigned in the emergency room and we seldom have patients coming right in the middle of the night. :) But the thing is that it's full of stray spirits which disturbs us from time to time! I don't want to create a spook here but they are rather "harmless" ones because they don't create much disturbance and are rather just into making weird sounds and noises.