Tarot School in NY

Pao

Has anyone been to these classes? Are they good? I figured maybe they could help me to read w/ my intuition. it always makes me nervous walking into a classroom, even now! lol

coyoteblack

They just hosted the tarot studio. I had a chance to talk to ruth and wald and they know a lot they also rarley teach the ame thing over .

franniee

Not at the tarot school but over 10 years or so ago I took a class at the open center (across from balthazar on spring i think) - first class was major arcana and then the second was minor and then there were followup classes with a select group that wanted to continue.... I enjoyed them at first but then .....

anyway it was a starting point but if you have more than a basic understanding of the meanings and such I think this is a much better place to learn ... I was so happy to find this place a few months ago! I was all by myself with the tarot for 10 years or so and this community is an oasis. :)

:heart:
f

coyoteblack

they also have tele seminars and corraspondance courses there . Like my new meetup friend said though this site is a great way to learn join a study group ask questions and such

Pao

I agree Frannie I love it here! Id die w/o this site! and Ive learned a lot already. I was only wondering if they had more insight on learning w/o the book.

hmm i guess ill have to get my butt down to one of your meetings then and see what more insight i cant get! :D

coyoteblack

we would love to have ya Pao

franniee

I have to tell you Pao - that readers weekend that I missed two weekends ago - looked like the place to be. I am sorry i missed it! It just would have been hard for me to negotiate with my child and all... But next year I am going to look into that.

I've been to two of the Nyc meetings and they are fun too.... loved to see you!

:)

MarkMcElroy

Endorsement

Hey:

I've worked very closely with both Wald and Ruth Ann. I've attended three Reader's Studios, and was a speaker one year.

They're rare folks, and their classes and courses are first rate. You can attend any Tarot School event with confidence -- you'll learn a lot, and you'll have a good time, too.

Wald and Ruth Ann are a class act all the way.

Enjoy the session!

M.

ARudhra

hearty endorsement for Tarot School curriculum

I have been taking The Tarot School Teleclasses now every week since October of 2006, and I would not miss a single one, so don't.

My background as a reader is all intuitive. I learned with Rachel Pollack by reading her 78 Degrees of Wisdom, while stuck in a very conservative southern town, between 1994 and 1996. I was astonished at Rachel Pollack's depth and the way she brought Tarot to me as an isolated practitioner.

I then moved on to teaching Intuitive Tarot so that others would not have to sit at home in isolation with a book. No matter how fascinated and whelmed I was with the material in Rachel's book, I had no one at all to discuss it with, so I wanted to start helping others find community for learning.

I went on to start Organizing a Meetup group in another very conservative southern city, and I was delighted to see it grow from 23 members, only 2 of which ever came to Meetup, to over 250 in many different countries within two years. So by then, I knew that PEOPLE WANT TO LEARN TAROT.

At that point I needed to be a student again. It is not good to always be the teacher. Your own learning curve gets congested when you are no longer in an official student role. I found The Tarot School and attended one Teleclass as a guest, and I was simply astounded by the force and power of the material, for the first time since I found Rachel Pollack's books in 1994. I have not missed a single Teleclasss since.

Ruth Ann and Wald are very disciplined in their approach to teaching, and put many hours of careful thought and planning into each class, as well as providing top-knotch visual materials and worksheets, and edited mp3s of the class afterward, which can be used to review and deepen your knowledge. Plus, in the six months I have attended, I have gotten rather close emotionally with the other students, some of whom have been with their Teleclass buddies for YEARS, and I miss them if they cannot attend a class for some reason. Most of us met in the physical at this year's Readers Studio, and it was great! Something like 8 of the usual 10 or 12 of us had a chance to hug and hang out.

Since we all enjoy and appreciate Aeclectic so much, for all the same reasons, the closeness, the learning, the good humor and the silliness, I can recommend the classes to people looking for a new perspective on Tarot.

I am, first and foremost, an Intuitive reader and instructor, with only a very minimal (at this time) analytical or hard-knowledge-based use of Tarot, but I absolutely need the esoteric and symbology stuff that I can only get at Tarot School. It may not be for everybody, but it sure works for me. I still read intuitively, that has not changed. I just feel that I am a better Tarotist with both knowledge and intuition to draw from.

Well, I see I talked my head off, not unusual~

See you later on the Boards!