Tarot telling you to STOP!

romanticdreamz

I was drawing some cards over the weekend on a question I've been revisiting for some time. (Won't mention it here and keep on topic.)

I drew the cards and almost all of them were swords. That didn't make any sense so I drew again. Mostly swords. By this point I was wondering if I wasn't shuffling them correctly.

Well, I drew fewer cards this time, 3, and the centre card was regarding the question and the two either side were 9 of Swords and another Swords card. (I forget now but it could have been the 10. The 9 had come up every time thus far!)

And then it hit me, the deck may as well have been beating me with a large stick shouting: "Stop *&$£ing overanalysing! You have nothing to worry about!"

I'm learning about the deck which is great - feeling more intuative generally which is something I'm wanting to grow into further. However, taking criticism from my deck is hard to take sometimes! Lol.

DragonFae

Yes I find that when I ask the same thing over and over...the cards just "shut down"

keltic

I had something similar happen to me yesterday. I did my reading, and my outcome card was Death, leaving old things behind and moving on to new and better things. I kept playing with my cards (a new deck) to get them broken in and instill them with my energy. As I cut them, Death would show up. As I shuffled, Death would fall out. I'd riffle shuffle and Death would somehow make itself known. It was pretty funny actually. I felt like the cards were telling me that not only is it going to happen, but that I'd better get moving or be left behind! LOL

motsa

I had that happen once while reading for a friend's husband. He didn't like what the original reading had to say so he insisted I do it again. I think I ended up doing it three times in total and each time the cards got more and more insistent. (I *had* warned him.) By the end, what had been a fairly mild "some hard times ahead but you'll get through it" kind of thing was more of a "Fine, you'll be miserable and everything will suck forever" thing. He finally gave up trying to get a happy happy joy joy reading on that particular issue.

I keep that in mind whenever I'm tempted to keep rereading for the same issue for myself.

rwcarter

Define "revisiting for some time". (That's a rhetorical request.) If you revisited the question every couple of months, that's one thing. But if it was every couple of weeks or days, yes, I can see your cards telling you to stop. Especially when reading for ourselves, we have to allow enough time to pass for something to change in the situation. Of course there can't be any hard and fast rule about how much time is "enough" because that will change from situation to situation. In some cases things may change by the hour or day. In other cases, things may only change over the course of weeks, months or years.

Congrats on getting the message your deck was trying to give you.

Rodney

robynleigh

I've had this happen before. I only asked once, and I pulled one card on it, but it was so clear that I was being told to let it go and what's done is done (I had been mulling over it for a few days before I asked). I wish I could remember the card, but I basically was worried that a professor was going to grade me unfairly on a paper due to various circumstances. My deck was right to tell me what it did... I received outstanding marks and passed the class with an easy A.

emmsma

I had this happen very recently with my new Feathered Omens Oracle. When I opened the package, the Peacock was on top. I looked through them. Shuffled awhile. Pulled a card for myself - Peacock. Shuffled and pulled for my husband and then for my son. Shuffled some more and dropped a card - Peacock.

Shuffled and looked through them a bit more and when I put them back in the box - they were in two stacks. Separated the deck - Peacock was on the bottom.

Think it fell out as I shuffled for the next two days.

Peacock speaks of ending and new beginnings, of death and rebirth.

Morwenna

Now that's why I hate trying to pull single cards for myself! :D

Once a few years ago I had a question, I no longer remember what, but the more I asked the more "pat" the cards became: i.e. coming up in their "natural" positions (where the card and the position meant almost the same thing) in order to stop giving me any information whatsoever. I learned that when the cards say something, accept it and get on with life!