Tarot Workbook vs. My Tarot

Jaidyn

I'm in the mood to color, so I'm considering purchasing either the Tarot Workbook or My Tarot (both featuring the Sharman Caselli cards). But I'm wondering what is the difference? Can anyone tell me what the card sizes are in either of them?

gregory

My Tarot is the same size as her other cards - I can't be bothered to get it OUT just now, but - well, think standard RWS kind of. And excellent quality. Definitely worth a shot with. So you can be sure of things with that. (though I confess I scanned the deck in case I mess up, and shall colour the scanned images !)

I don't know about the Workbook; I think mine came cardless.....

diane drizzy

I got the Sharman-Caselli deck and workbook for Christmas. The coloring page for each card is full sized. A review of the card is on the left side of the page and part to be colored on the right. The card side gives you a coloring exercise of sorts to keep you focused on the meaning of it and to sort of become one with the card. She feels that you will be able to connect and become more intuitive.
Hope this helps.

gregory

SO does that mean there are no actual CARDS to colour ? Which would mean the My Tarot would be a better bet for someone who wants to end up with their own hand coloured deck ??

diane drizzy

gregory said:
SO does that mean there are no actual CARDS to colour ? Which would mean the My Tarot would be a better bet for someone who wants to end up with their own hand coloured deck ??

Yes, you're right gregory, My Tarot would be your best bet, or else you could consider the BOTA or Color Your own Tarot by Columbia & Chernik.

gregory

The images aren't NEARLY as nice on the Chernik one, IMHO.....

diane drizzy

gregory said:
The images aren't NEARLY as nice on the Chernik one, IMHO.....

Hmmm...
I sort of like them, they remind me of the Aquarian Tarot.
But, I do like the concept of a workbook and deck set. It keeps me focused.
In all honesty tho, I don't think I'd be coloring in my workbook. I'd sooner create a stick figure type of deck for myself, since the Lar deck is OOP.

Jaidyn

Thank you so much! It sounds like the My Tarot is more what I'm after then, and I definitely like the idea of making the copies so in case I mess them up too :)

Gareth

there's always the BOTA. Definitely a RW clone, with blinds and errors as Paul Foster Case saw them removed.

I'm colouring that at the moment. I got the very large trumps only size. Colouring the borders as well seems to help my meditations on it as far as 'going into' the card goes. The colour associations apparently correspond to the Tree of Life.

Very affordable too. Highlights of the tarot is available on line, and I'm using that as a colour guide, but also reading Tarot key to the ancient wisdom by case.

That said, I am looking forward to being finished :)