Ten pentacles reversed as action

milliefive

Hi,

When I asked what someone would do in a certain situation, the card was ten of pentacles reversed.

I read this as her turning away from the security that upright means and choosing a riskier path, with some financial hardships ahead. Not necessarily bad, but not choosing the comfortable way.

What do you think?

(Other cards in the reading indicate a time of change for her).

Thanks.

Grizabella

I read that as taking the easy way out. When carrying the bundle of Wands upright, it's a heavy, awkward load, but if turned upside down, the Wands wouldn't be heavy. Therefore, taking the easy way out.

milliefive

Ummm. Thanks. But it's pentacles! :)

Darkmage

10P can also mean family, conventionality, and stability. I'd say it's telling her yes, things may not be financially stable if she takes this path. I think it's also telling her to NOT necessarily follow the opinions of her family and friends and to strike out on her own.

She needs to think carefully about what she's doing and not take unnecessary risks. But she still needs to take a risk, and I think this is what the card is telling her. She needs to be patient and calculating about it, though.

milliefive

Thank you Darkmage. That's how it looks to me too. To take this action will be a risk, will mean giving up security (financial and home) but I also felt that the other cards were telling her to be brave, that big changes were going to be uncomfortable, but ultimately good.

milliefive

Grizabella, easy mistake to make!

Thanks for the dysfunctional family insight. Perhaps her seemingly secure home isn't so great. However, as an action?

danieljuk

as an action they are living for the short term but not worrying about the future or security. instead of having a pension and having loads of savings when someone retires (like the upright). They probably would be avoiding commitment or security as an action. This could be deliberate, live in the fun of the moment, no ties! or it could be because of their situation or because of emotional issues. The action also could be avoiding responsibility.

milliefive

Thanks danieliuk. That fits with her situation too.

Wish her luck!